topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: program to prevent specified programs from being closed without confirm  (Read 7017 times)

go197

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I run some scheduled tasks that run for several hours a day (interactively).  They don't require any input during their run time, but I like to check their status every so often :up:.  But the problem is that I have to be careful to not close them out when I'm closing other things :down:.  Especially when I'm going along the task bar and right clicking and closing a lot of windows.  Would it be possible for someone write something that protected specified programs from being closed, or at least displayed a confirm dialog first?  Would there be a way (using command line since I'm using TaskScheduler to launch bat files for my apps) to specify which instance of a program for the protection program to monitor?
Thanks.

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
 :tellme: How about NoClose or GoneIn60s?

Skrommel
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 12:58 PM by skrommel »

go197

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for your help.  I don't think NoClose is what I'm needing since when I have a lot of windows open (they can be all different sizes and be in different locations depending on the tasks I am working on) I usually use the method of right clicking them on the taskbar and clicking close there.  GoneIn60s seems cool but would the app closing still interrupt the task the window was doing, for instance if the window was recording streaming audio?  If so, I really can't use that one.  Anyway, it's not that important, I just thought I'd ask.  I'm in much more need of the program auto-close after program idle time in the other thread.
Thanks again for the suggestions.

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
 :) NoClose actually removes the Close line you see when rightclicking it's taskbar button. And GoneIn60s only hides the window for 1 minute before closing it.

Skrommel

go197

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for letting me know.  I'll check it out.