topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 8:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Kamel's little mIRC snippets  (Read 29910 times)

Kamel

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Kamel's little mIRC snippets
« on: December 04, 2008, 09:54 PM »
I seriously doubt any of these will be huge ground breaking things, but it turns out I always have some very basic snippets that I always use since many of these things mIRC should have included.

I will start with the one I just noticed I didn't have today and quickly wrote. No doubt this has been made by many authors before, but I did make it on my own and would like to share. I will update this post as I find myself using more simple things such as this.

How to use these:

If the 'code' part begins with "/alias", copy+paste that line in to any open mIRC window with an input box. Upon successful completion, you should get a message saying either "Added X alias" or "Updated X alias", X being the name of the alias (in this example, the alias name is topic). If it looks like code which does not have a / or /alias at the beginning, then you insert it by hitting alt+r for remote editor, and then add it to the bottom of the text (if any) in the window that alt+r brings up.

/alias topic if (!$isid) { if ($1) topic $$1- | else echo -a $chan(#).topic } | else topic $1-

Explanation: If you type /topic without anything else, it will echo to you the current topic. If it is called as an identifier (is this even possible?) it will act as normal. If you type /topic with anything after it, it will act as standard mIRC would act.
I'm the guy you yell at when your DSL goes down...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:51 PM by Kamel »

Kamel

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Kamel's little mIRC snippets
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Note: The following functions only work on networks with services like nickserv and chanserv etc. The donation coder IRC channel is not currently on a network with those types of services, so these functions while it will not hurt to have them will likely not be used by you unless you are using a network which uses these types of services.

/alias identify .msg nickserv identify $$1-

Usage: /identify password

Explanation: Simply adds a /identify function that allows you to identify to nickserv without it showing your password on your screen after typing it. You could replace "$$1-" with your password in order to just type /identify and it type your password for you, but i personally prefer not to include my password in mIRC anywhere so that it isn't stolen by some external program.

/alias ns msg nickserv $1-
/alias cs msg chanserv $1-
/alias hs msg hostserv $1-
/alias ms msg memoserv $1-

Usage: /ns text to send to nickserv

Explanation: type /ns /cs etc for common network services, such as nickserv, chanserv, etc. many networks support this by default, but not all of them. This is good for a couple of reasons, first being if you accidentally typo /msg nickserve identify password for instance, someone could be on the nickname "nickserve" and end up receiving your password. The other advantage is obviously the ease of typing way less characters to get done what you would like to do.
I'm the guy you yell at when your DSL goes down...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:47 PM by Kamel »