I currently have a new car on order (Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer SRi 1.6 Turbo) and was wondering what In-Car Emergency stuff you guys recommend!In-Car Emergency Kit - Your Recommendations
First off, I have chose this:http://www.right-lig...able-floodlight.html
1) LED floodlight.
2) Battery jump starter (comes complete with jump start leads).
3) 150W 240V AC inverter to power laptops etc.
4) USB DC 5V 800mA output - to power mobile phones, tablets etc.
5) DC 12V car cigarette lighter output socket.
Features & Specifications:
Lumen Output: 2200 lumens.
Light Source: LED.
Run Time: High - 9 hours. Low - 21 hours.
Battery: 12V 14Ah SLA.
Seems like it will be very helpful in a lot of situations, and for the price is totally worth it!
I will also be getting:
• In-Car Inverter (12V>Normal Plug)
• Multipurpose Tools
• Privacy Curtains for all windows (These will be custom made by my mother to fit the windows and attach via suction cups)
• Double sleeping bag + double duvet (will be vacuum packed to minimize space taken)
• Cheap prepaid phone (fully charged with credit for calls)
• Chocolates/Tinned Food/Energy Drinks/Tea Bags/Instant Coffee/Sugar/Coffee Whitener, etc
• Doggy Kibble (We have a dog, so...)
• Ramen Noodles
• In-Car Kettle (mainly so I can have coffee when in the middle of nowhere...we take random drives so this one is for convenience mainly)
• Mini Gas Stove
I've probably missed something, so I will update if I can remember - All of these will be going in a storage container of some sort in where the spare wheel usually would be (seeing as new cars don't come with a spare anymore...might as well make use of that space!)
We plan to sleep in the car on long trips, so a lot of this stuff will end up being used on our random camp-outs!
Anybody want to add anything, or suggest anything?