This is a Dedicated Windows client for Slack, with the ability to be minimized to the tray. Inspired by DC User app103. Slack
lacked a dedicated Windows application, so I was asked to build one. After fighting with Gecko and WebKit for Visual Studio and failing, I found a way to get it working (Slack does not work with IE).
Currently in Pre-Alpha so may contain bugs/errors and missing features.Features
• Easily connect directly to your Slack Domain.
• Minimize To System Tray (To keep it out of the way).
• Links within the app open in your default browser so the app is NEVER directed away from Slack.com
• Status Bar: See what links you are about to visit when you hover the mouse over them.
• Show/Hide Balloon Tip on Minimize.
• Remember the last Slack domain used, in the text box.
• Stores Cookies/Web-Sessions/Cache Locally Within The SlackyApp folder.Planned Features
• Progress Bar: Gives you an indication that things are actually loading.
• Click Here To Submit Feature RequestsScreenshots
Sometimes you may face an issue when downloading the installer and see the following:
Simply press the "Keep" button (Chrome) - Other browser may also have a complain about it, but there will always be a way to install it anyway!UsageInstallation
Run the installer and follow instructions. (Follow the video below for help if you need it):Updating
SlackyApp uses a lightweight version of DCUpdater to check for file version changes. Simply right click the notification icon (Near your clock) and click "Update" or run Update.exe within the application folder.
Windows 8/8.1 users may get moaned at by the Operating System by a means of a large green bar across your screen telling you that I am an evil evil person that wants to steal your children and eat your pets and because I didn't pay Microsoft to recognize me as a real developer...then the Software I have made is probably completely messed up and will do stupid things to your computer. Putting it simply...it lies...this Software will do NOTHING bad...I install NO extras into the software...no bundled toolbars, no adware, no malware, no spyware, no viruses, no keyloggers, no homepage changes, no changes to your search provider, no nag screens....the ONLY thing you will get, it SlackyApp...which does ONLY what it says on the feature list here.
I am fully open and transparent about everything I do and if you have any problems, then let me know ASAP.Using the Application
Open and use - very simple interface.Uninstallation
Run the UninstallerKnown Issues
• If large amounts of data are passing through Slack at any one time (IE: Oeruse of the Giphy Integration), Window will go blank due to a possible memory leak - Bug has not been identified fully but I am aware of this happening.
• Cache and Memory not being cleared properly. - Resolution for this has been (hopefully) identified and will be resolved in the next build.
Please report any by Clicking Here.Be Safe
File name: SlackyAppInstall.exe
Detection ratio: 1 / 52 (Hit is a False Positive)
Analysis date: 2014-10-24 21:21:48 UTC https://www.virustot...analysis/1414185708/
In the interest of being fair and open, the 2 that have flagged, and what they flagged this as, are listed below (Both have now been resolved):
CMC: Trojan.Win32.Inject!O - (Report sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org) - Resolution Pending
DrWeb: BackDoor.Bladabindi.2072 - (Reported False Positive via their Web Form) - Resolution Pending
File size 31.6 Мб ( 33180454 bytes )
File type Win32 EXE
Magic literalPE32 executable for MS Windows (GUI) Intel 80386 32-bit
TrID InstallShield setup (48.1%)
Win32 Executable MS Visual C++ (generic) (34.9%)
Win32 Dynamic Link Library (generic) (7.3%)
Win32 Executable (generic) (5.0%)
Generic Win/DOS Executable (2.2%)