So, after nearly 2 years since the last update, I just released a new version of Blasteroids
The focus was on replacing the UI with something a bit better, as well as adding 4 new "cheat codes" to give the gameplay some variety.
Oh, and remember this logo I mocked up nearly 3 years ago?
If any artists want to be of service, I could use a logo/title image. The game is going to be called Blasteroids, and I thought it would be neat if the "o" was a spiral galaxy. Kind of like this:
I finally made it officially:
- New “Cheat Codes” to vary play:
- Bouncy Borders (bounce off edges of screen instead of wrapping to other side)
- Never Miss (bullets don’t disappear until they hit an asteroid)
- Rapid Fire
- Tractor Beam (pull asteroids toward you when there are 10 or less on screen)
- Added video settings (fullscreen or windowed at various resolutions)
- New UI!
- Asteroids now spawn in random positions instead of in predefined positions.
- Game now accepts gamepad input for aiming/shooting.
- Improved worldwrap to work correctly at lower framerates.
- Preload some objects at beginning of game to improve spawn rate.
- Cache some references instead of looking them up repeatedly.
- Don’t count as two deaths if quitting while already dead.
- Fixed World Wrap not updating after screen resize.
- Tweetbot sends Tweets when achievements are unlocked.
- Minor tweaks to various Tweets.
- Other fixes and improvements.