Thank you very much, Curt, I hadn't been aware of that. There is a difference between the thread title and the individual titles of the respective posts, and I assumed the thread title could not be changed but by a moderator. This is good news for my AHK intro, too, since I had to become aware that google is NOT able to make the "link" between "ahk" and "autohotkey", so my intro is virtually lost in google, when in fact it was meant to product "traffic" to DC! (and to be read by a maximum number of people who otherwise would buy some (mostly inferior) macro tool, so a better thread title would come handy...
So thank you very much, very helpful hint!
As for identifying known photos there, well:
- when I have scrolled down to photo #1,000 (as an example), I KNOW the - special - url of that photo, meaning the url it has when, in the scrolling page, I click on that photo
- but it seems that knowing that special url is useless here, since, in order to browse photos (example, again) #1,001 to #1,500 here, in the scrolling page, I would need to identify that special photo #1,000 not as a "singularity", but WITHIN the scrolling page:
- in order to "open" that SCROLLING page "at photo #1,000" (or whatever its numer, whatever its name / identification means there)
So the technical question here is:
How to identify a given photo (or other element) WITHIN the scrolling page, and which currently is NOT YET shown there, within the scrolling page:
Let's assume the scrolling page currently just shows photos 1 to 50, but I need photo #500 - and yes, I would know "something about it", from my previous scrolling down to it, from my previous "scrolling session":
How then to make such a page scroll down to that "element #500", or more precisely, two steps:
- First, how to KNOW which way "photo 500" IS identified, within the "scrolling page"? (Since just clicking on it will open its url in a NEW "window")
- Then, next time, how to make the scrolling page scroll down to that photo, identified in the previous session?
From looking at the source code of such "scrolling pages", it seems evident that the special url of "photo 500" is NOT yet listed somewhere in the code of them, when current state of affairs is that they just show photos "1-300"
So, there must be some "trick" to have them shown, and I fear in order to know this trick, "you" need to have better knowledge of HOW such "scrolling pages" WORK, to begin with?
From google, I did not get any help accessible to me, in German, it would be "nachladende Webseite", and if I translate this to English, I get numerous web sites dealing with fire arms, so, first, I'd need the specific English TERM for such scrolling pages...
Alternative: You don't close down Windows in the evening but run your comp for a week or so, and each new day, you try to browse some more 500 photos there. Prob here, Windows will "choke" after some days, and I don't have time to do this, every day in a row.
So I hope for a better alternative.
Btw, people who opt for such pages, in tumblr or elsewhere, do not seem to have seen this problem that all their "previous" photos are literally LOST this way, for people "new" to their respective blog.
I'm aware this is a difficult question, but there are many blogs in this weird format, so an answer how really "to do it" would be tremendously helpful.