topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: anyone else using Vipre2013 antivirus?  (Read 2345 times)

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
anyone else using Vipre2013 antivirus?
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:06 AM »
i bought in to a 10 pack license of Viper 2013 Antivirus for $50.  no problem with the price.  the real problem comes from all the popups that are being allowed in. I have went onsite at a business to repair 2 computers so far.

my preliminary research showed Vipre to be a pretty darn good piece of software... but now I am not so sure.

Anyone else have any thing to say on this?

Dave

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: anyone else using Vipre2013 antivirus?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:26 AM »
my preliminary research showed Vipre to be a pretty darn good piece of software... but now I am not so sure.

Anyone else have any thing to say on this?
I bought a lifetime license for Vipre at the end of 2011, for my netbook. Again, my research found lots of good things said about it.

My own experience wasn't so good. I gave up with it after about a month of bad experiences and frustrations (like XYPlorer having to be whitelisted before its update could be run and the XYPlorer website being listed as a source of malware (which it isn't.)

I keep thinking about trying it again, to see if it's learned better behaviour in the last year or so -- but it sounds like it hasn't. Probably a bit late to ask for a refund, though...

Currently running eSet's (rather underrated) NOD32 AV on the netbook and we seem happy with each other thus far ;)
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.