...But based on your description of the fix, i may be able to track down the problem. Looking into it now.Many thanks!
I wrote above:
The fact that I seem to be the only one to have reported it probably indicates that no-one else noticed it as:
- (a) they don't tend to need or make use of the CHS functionality in quite the same way as I do, and
- (b) it is an episodic and obscure error, and
- (c) one would not necessarily realise that something was missing unless one needed it precisely at that time that the error was occurring.
As regards (a) above, it is definitely the case that I am making more/greater use of CHS now than I was previously, and this has entailed a greatly increased frequency of use
of the Title
field for many clip records, in the manner described.
So the increasing frequency of use of the Title
field coupled with the episodic nature of the error means that it is manifestly more likely that I will observe that the Title
field is missing precisely at that time that the error is occurring.
My increasing frequency of use of the Title
field is unlikely to reduce now as I have determined that CHS will be used as:
- (i) a key strategic and primary data/knowledge capture store and
- (ii) a secondary PIM (Personal Information Manager)
- for a majority of the information/knowledge that I gather and that may not need to be passed into my primary PIM
I am also managing the capture "detritus" - and that I have mentioned elsewhere - within CHS, through periodic manual inspection and housekeeping. Thus, whatever I retain in CHS is largely going to be flagged as "Favourite" and sorted into Virtual Folders (especially now that you have automated the SQL for easy VF search/filter - for which thankyou!).
I have InfoSelect as another secondary PIM
, and I am wanting to largely "freeze" that AS-IS and migrate away from it over time.
So, as a CHS user I am becoming increasingly reliant on CHS.
Hence my gratitude for your checking out this episodic and apparently relatively obscure error.