topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Ctrl+Alt+Del Grabber  (Read 5021 times)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Ctrl+Alt+Del Grabber
« on: April 21, 2006, 07:09 PM »
When i found skrommel's DimSaver, I fellin love with it. The problem is that i need to always have my screensaver with password. But this makes dimsaver lose half of it's usefullness, since when that option is selected, you can no longer see the active apps, only the desktop background.
So, i decided to make a screen locker myself. I made a ahk script that disables all modifier keys (ctrl,alt,win,apps,etc..) so that only the alphabetic and number keys would work, to insert the password to an input box.

Right, that was a good, funcitional idea, until i tried doing ctrl+alt+del. Ahk cannot grab that key combination (i guess it makes sense, but i want to use it in a good way :( ).
So, I'm asking if anyone knows of any way to temporarily disable the combination, either by using another program (that can be controled through another script), or by using any ahk tweak.

I hope someone can sove me this problem, i really love dimsaver :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:13 AM by brotherS »

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ctrl+Alt+Del Grabber
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 07:43 PM »
 :tellme: There's no way to do this without a reboot: http://www.autohotke...forum/topic5425.html

Second best is to keep closing the task manager window when it pops up.

Skrommel

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Ctrl+Alt+Del Grabber
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 07:05 AM »
Well... I found a solution. I added a line send,#{space} to the exit subroutine, which locks the screen in my computer. So, when i make any action, the screen gets locked.
Thanks for the great screensaver, Skrommel! :D