- I've installed VMWare Player
- I have my winXP iso ready to roll
I've been reading the documentation, it's confusing, because there seems to be many versions/aspects to VMWare. But mainly confusing cause they dont cater to users who dont already understand (there's got to be a name for that - insider-manual-syndrome
I understand it's going to be a completely separate virtual install, but I'm not sure if this completely seperate (virtual) machine can see the real machine, and vice versa.
What I dont know (so far) is:
1) I suspect ideally an empty partition would be good for the virtual machine(s) - but dont know.
2) I presume it will create a virtual drive anyway?
3) if yes to #2: can it create virtual partitions on the virtual drive?
4) if yes to #3: can files on virtual partitions be accessed from outside the virtual OS?
5) within the virtual OS, will I be able to access and modify files from the "real" machine i.e. outside of the virtual machine
Any help much appreciated