Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 24, 2014, 05:23:18 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Node.js Learning Resources?  (Read 1977 times)
ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:16:52 PM »

Any favorite Node.js learning resources?

Currently reading The Node Beginner Book, though the version covered is 0.4.9 while what appears available currently is 0.6.7.

Started looking through O'Reilly's Up and Running with Node.js, but found the former preferable at this stage.
Rover
Master of Smilies
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »

node.js seems like it's still pretty young and growing. Best bet is probably on their site keeping up with the changes.

Insert Brilliant Sig line here
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:43:53 PM »

node.js seems like it's still pretty young and growing.

Indeed.  Perhaps it's not too uncommon for there to be a fair bit of change in the early days of young and growing things.  I've found it easier to learn certain things in their earlier stages -- perhaps sometimes there is less complexity in the way smiley

Apart from the main site you mentioned, the following are some additional things that looked promising to me:

daddydave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 05:01:21 AM »

I don't even know what it is, but this question has been asked on Quora as well. I noticed some overlap between the answers you have already been given, but maybe there is something new there:
http://www.quora.com/Node...ode-js?q=node.js+tutorial
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:38:38 AM »

Thanks!

I hadn't yet seen (or gone through):

The list at StackOverflow looks good too smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register