Mouser: after playing with this formatting dialog I have some comments.
1) When I click Modify Format/Case in the Main dialog it would be more intuitive (for me) to be presented a list of saved presets and apply it to the clip (with a preview box of course). You can then have buttons to Rename, Edit, Delete or Create New presets - which will then take you to your formatting screen.
2) There is currently no way to Rename/Delete a preset (1 will solve this)
3) Once in the formatting screen it is not clear which preset is loaded - it will be nice to see this (maybe in the title)
4) There is Accept and Cancel buttons - but no save button. Once (3) is implemented I would expect to have a button that saves the loaded preset (currently you have to save as). [off topic]This drove me insane until I realised "Accept" accepts the changes to the text - not the preset[/off topic]
5) In the preset editing tree (i.e. where introduction, add stuff etc are written - figure 2 in first post) - it may be helpful to add a checkmark to show if anything is active in that tree/tab (or make the actives bold or red or anything visual)[off topic]I actually preferred the old screen (as I could see what is on and what is off at a glance) [/off topic]
6) I would like to create a custom order of the list in (1) and this custom order should be kept for the Quick Paste option as well - I use keyboard shortcuts
7) I would like a way to perform this on a clip from the quick paste menu - though I cannot think of anyway to do it intuitively
I would like to have the option for user tools NOT to paste the output (my AHK example for example does not require pasting) - maybe if %outfile% does not exist (currently it gives an error).
9) I second the STDIN/STDOUT method as an option - it just seems more natural and cleaner. I would have to try and figure out how to do it in AHK though - but I am sure the forums will have something.
10) Unrelated to the formatting presets: when I use quick paste and the main window exists - the main window is activated first. This is not a big problem but it bothers me as the behaviour differs from when the main window is minimised to tray
11) Unrelated to the formatting presets: When I am in a rename mode (for example in explorer or gbCodeLib9) activating quick paste deactivates the edit/rename mode and the paste gets lost (i.e. go to explorer, select a file, press F2, Quick Paste something - filename unchanged). If there is anyway to prevent this from happening I would be extremely grateful but somehow I think that the creation of the quick paste menu will always do this.
12) Unrelated to the formatting presets: I would be grateful for some way to paste a clip with original formatting (for example, pasting bold text in MS Word as bold text)
(The last few points may have ways to do this already - and I apologise in advance for my ignorance should it be so. Also if I should move it to another thread I will do so)
Although I have a lot of comments - this does not mean that I do not find CHS useful. I do not participate in forums for software that I do not find useful, so in a sense this is a big compliment. Only been using it for a week or so and already finding it a huge timesaver.