ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS: New Formatting Dialog

<< < (8/14) > >>

IainB:
12) Unrelated to the formatting presets: I would be grateful for some way to paste a clip with original formatting (for example, pasting bold text in MS Word as bold text)
--- End quote ---

+1 ... Yes, this is a requirement of mine also.
Sometimes I want the formatting though, and sometimes I don't. As a stopgap, this AHK code (below) will paste the last clip you copied to clipboard either with or without formatting. (I think I got this from the AHK forum. It's very handy and I find I use it a lot.)

(AHK code:
$^v::   ; Intercept Ctrl+v to send an UNformatted Paste
   Gosub, UnformattedPaste         ; Unformatted paste - Ctrl-V = Remove formatting from Ctrl-V (paste), unless SHIFT key is also pressed.
   return
;-------------------------------------------------------------------
$^+v::  ; Intercept Ctrl+Shift+v to send a Formatted Paste
   Send ^v             ; Normal paste - Ctrl+Shift+V = just send the regular paste command
   return
UnformattedPaste:   ; Unformatted paste - Ctrl-V = Remove formatting from Ctrl-V (paste), unless SHIFT key is also pressed.
   ClipSaved := ClipboardAll ;save original clipboard contents
   clipboard = %clipboard% ;remove formatting
   Send ^v ;send the Ctrl+V command
   Clipboard := ClipSaved ;restore the original clipboard contents
   ClipSaved = ;clear the variable
Return

--- End quote ---

mouser:
As a stopgap, this AHK code (below) will paste the last clip you copied to clipboard either with or without formatting. (I think I got this from the AHK forum. It's very handy and I find I use it a lot.)
--- End quote ---

Tip: If you are using CHS you can do this as follows:

* Crtl+V will paste using windows clipboard, and so will preserve all formatting.
* Press Ctrl+Alt+Q, to bring up CHS quick paste menu, then hit 1.  This works because it uses the CHS quick paste menu which does plaintext

capitalH:
7) I would like a way to perform this on a clip from the quick paste menu - though I cannot think of anyway to do it intuitively
--- End quote ---

if you mean you want a way to apply formatting from quick paste menu you can already do that, from formatting submenu of quick paste menu, or even faster using custom hotkeys set for the formatting item.
-mouser (October 14, 2011, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry - let me rephrase - when activating the quick paste menu - there is a history of 15 saved clips - I would like to run the formatting on one of these saved clips

capitalH:
10) Unrelated to the formatting presets: when I use quick paste and the main window exists - the main window is activated first. This is not a big problem but it bothers me as the behaviour differs from when the main window is minimised to tray
--- End quote ---

can you explain this a bit more, im not sure i understand.
-mouser (October 14, 2011, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Step by step
1) Open the main window (ctrol+alt+w - or tray)
2) Navigate to Notepad (or anything but CHS)
3) Press Ctrl+Alt+Q (QuickPaste)

Result:
Main Window gets activated, and quick paste menu gets shown. CHS correctly pastes to notepad though, so this is just an annoyance and not a big problem.

mouser:
Ah i can do that.. there is a shift+click menu that you can activate for any of the previous history of clips, i could put the formatting menu in there too.

But it's not so hard to do it now, you would just bring up  the main window, select the old clip, then choose the formatting preset from the button drop down arrow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version