Now that you mention it, it may not just be this version. I think I remember having to delete the .ini file while installing a new version a time or two. At the time, I assumed it was the new version not reading the old .ini file properly--I don't think I ever actually closed and re-ran the program without installing a new version until now.
I went through all the preference changes I made one by one to see which one broke it, and after doing so, it's still running. I wonder if it's the combination of changes I was making all at once. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but if you have any other ideas, I'll be happy to test them. I've taken a few screenshots, and I've noticed that for some reason, it started placing them in the folder above the one I specified, and after that, it broke down and stopped running. Removing the entry you mentioned did not help at this point.