ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Beta Testers For ScreenshotCaptor?

<< < (9/12) > >>

mouser:
yeah works for me too without startup issues, but with one experimental version i did notice a strange bug with like a 10 second startup.. and im wondering if that wasnt the problem tenseiken was experiencing..  i have something i can try to fix it..

tenseiken:
It's not just a slow startup... I just gave it a couple minutes to run.  No luck.

mouser:
how strange...
so if you delete the ini then it runs, but after you exit and restart, it hangs (without even showing icon), is that right?
but the other versions did work..

really strange. i will try to fix.
if you have some time it might be nice for you to play with the .ini file a bit and see if changing anything or deleting an entry fixes it.
in particular, try changing the FolderPathEdit.Text entry or deleting it.

tenseiken:
Now that you mention it, it may not just be this version.  I think I remember having to delete the .ini file while installing a new version a time or two.  At the time, I assumed it was the new version not reading the old .ini file properly--I don't think I ever actually closed and re-ran the program without installing a new version until now.

I went through all the preference changes I made one by one to see which one broke it, and after doing so, it's still running.  I wonder if it's the combination of changes I was making all at once.  Sorry I can't be more helpful, but if you have any other ideas, I'll be happy to test them.  I've taken a few screenshots, and I've noticed that for some reason, it started placing them in the folder above the one I specified, and after that, it broke down and stopped running.  Removing the entry you mentioned did not help at this point.

mouser:
i think these bugs are all related to the same problem,
they sound like a problem i thought i had fixed, with the program getting confused about the directory it is in,
i just wish i knew a way to reproduce it.  any think strange about your directory structure that might cause the problem?

question, if you try browsing arround using the .. entry
ie just navigate around directories and dont try capturing antyhing
and see if the program confuses itself and gets lost, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version