Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 23, 2014, 07:03:11 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A special gift from Veign.com to DonationCoder - thank you!  (Read 5335 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 12, 2010, 09:56:09 AM »

Chris Hanscom, the brains behind Veign.com, is a developer and web designer, and has been a member and friend of DonationCoder since we started in 2005.  His most recent web project is Open Menu, based on his entry in last year's NANY event on DC.

Recently Chris contacted me about the idea of him donating a copy of Microsoft's MSDN and Visual Studio Bundle to be given away on DC.  It's an extremely valuable thing, and he asked what i thought the best way might be to give it away.

In the past we have had a programming contest for such things, but he and I agreed that this time the best thing might be to honor someone who has been just out of control in the last year or so creating coding snacks for people who request them in the Coding Snacks section.  I'm talking of course about DC member Jody Holmes, aka Skwire (see his page of software here).

Chris readily agreed, and so on behalf of DC i'd like to thank Chris and Veign.com for such a generous gift, and congratulate Skwire on receiving it!

ps.
Chris tells me he will be giving away another copy of the Visual Studio/MSDN bundle on his blog, which is excellent by the way, so stay tuned to that if that's something you are interested in.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:23:46 AM by mouser » Logged
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:16 AM »

Congrats Skwire, so many valuable and useful coding snacks, well deserved.

Thanks Chris.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 10:12:22 AM »

well done, skwire. well deserved.
Veign
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 10:21:12 AM »

It's my pleasure to donate things like this to DC.

Congrats to Skwire, well deserved...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:16:18 PM by Veign » Logged

tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »

Congratulations Skwire. Thanks Veign.

superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 03:39:53 PM »

Skwire is da man!  Thanks Chris.

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »

Generous as ever, Chris  Thmbsup

Jody certainly deserves this.

No doubt we'll all now expect not just coding snacks but full repasts!

Chris
techidave
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »

Thank you Veign for donating and congrats to skwire!  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley Thmbsup Thmbsup
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 05:52:25 PM »

Chris Hanscom has definitely helped me over the years in a variety of ways. And when I was a Windows guy, I really liked his software. Thanks Chris! Thmbsup

- zaine (on Google+)
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 06:19:52 PM »

I'm positively humbled to receive such a gift.  Thank you, Chris and mouser.  Thank you to the DonationCoder members, too, for all your kind words and endless Coding Snack ideas.  It's extremely rewarding to create them for everybody and I enjoy (most smiley) every minute that I work on them.  Without you all, there would be no Coding Snacks section.

No doubt we'll all now expect not just coding snacks but full repasts!

C'mon over, I'll fire up the grill.  cheesy

PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 06:37:25 PM »

Very generous donation. Thanks Veign. Congratulation skwire. Well deserved.
nogojoe
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 07:42:48 PM »

Well deserved Jody congrats even for the efforts that are sometimes not seen on DonationCoder.

Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy
Target
Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 09:10:44 PM »

once again veign's generosity comes to the fore - many thanks!!

and congrats to skwire, I doubt I could think of anyone that could put it ot better use

"Look wise, say nothing, and grunt. Speech was given to conceal thought" - Sir William Osler
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 09:20:35 PM »

congrats skwire, a well deserved gift! and Veign's generosity is much appreciated. smiley

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 12:49:31 AM »

Congratulations, Skwire!

I really enjoy seeing members of DC benefit from each other like this.

Thanks Veign, and a really big super duper thanks to mouser for creating DC in the first place!

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 05:32:10 AM »

Congratulations, Skwire!

I really enjoy seeing members of DC benefit from each other like this.

Thanks Veign, and a really big super duper thanks to mouser for creating DC in the first place!

+1 to all smiley

Tom
daddydave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 09:03:33 AM »

Awesomeness on all sides! thumbs up
OldElmerFudd
Charter Member

Bite-sized trouble

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »

Many kudos to veign, skwire, and all of the other good folks who make this such a positive environment! I raise my glass to you all.
 Thmbsup

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code is a violent psychopath and knows where you live.
jity2
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 02:28:36 AM »

Congratulations, Skwire!  Cool
Crush

Hello dude!

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 03:01:18 AM »

Congralations Skwire! And a big thank-you to Veign to support Donationcoder with such a nice gift Thmbsup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.071s | Server load: 1.13 ]