topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: lose your mind dot com  (Read 3065 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
lose your mind dot com
« on: June 16, 2010, 09:52 AM »
The name of this company is wrong! A weird choice, to say the least. loseyourmind.com are merely displaying two programs on their site, but I feel confident that both applications are meant to help you keep your sanity and NOT lose your mind ;-)

The first one is a font manager. Hmm... "there are already too many font managers, and they all look the same!", was my first reaction. But I installed the thing, to have a second look, and realized this one actually is a little different, AND to the best of my thinking, also BETTER! So much better actually that I already have purchased a license (but of course, if you know me, this won't tell you too much!).

It would be difficult with my limited vocabulary to tell you about this program, in details, so my advice is that if you are in any need of a font manager at all: go test this one! The number of USEFUL features is very heigh. So to speak, this font manager makes me feel that the programmer has written out of need for the features, rather than out of need for an income ;-) The result is so GOOD that neither the homepage or this post can pay credit to the usefulness of the features, because it would take far too many words and pictures, to do so. And for what?: Go test it yourself!!

Several useful features are hidden within this bar:

2010-06-16_162822-796.gif

also this little slide-show is fantastic useful:

x2010-06-16_163027-797.gif

And I still need to tell you the name of this versatile font manager:

Printer's Apprentice

:-*
Wow, that is a name out of the ordinary!

The listed price is $25, but right now it is offered for $15. It is more than worth this price, I think.
-but as it often is with font managers, it will use quite some time to load, though nothing alarming.

5.2MB zip: Printer's Apprentice 8.1 - Font Manager for Windows 7, Vista & XP

Features: http://www.loseyourmind.com/pa80.aspx
Screenshots: http://www.loseyourm...com/pa80screens.aspx

------------
The other application they have is a Virtual Font Folder for XP and Vista. Win 7 was not mentioned.

Virtual Font Folder synchronizes your installed fonts with the contents of another folder or network share.

Virtual Font Folder watches a user specified folder or network share for changes. When one or more TrueType, OpenType or Type 1 files are added to the folder, they will be installed in Windows for use by applications. When font files are removed from this folder, VFF will also uninstall them from Windows.

Multiple PCs can watch the same folder or network share. This is great tool for synchronizing font resources across a network.

Virtual Font Folder is for Windows XP and Vista and costs US$ 15.00 per copy.

The company seems devoted to fonts. To me they also seem to be skilled programmers :-)
So, to keep your mind, I recommend you to loseyourmind...  :Thmbsup:

http://www.loseyourmind.com/
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:19 AM by Curt »

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: lose your mind dot com
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Wow, looks pretty good.  Have you talked to the developer yet?  Maybe he would be interested in DC - perhaps even extending the discount to DC Members beyond his current limited time offer?  Just a thought.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member