topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: screen saver causes computer to think non stop  (Read 2300 times)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
screen saver causes computer to think non stop
« on: February 21, 2010, 11:37 PM »
Yay, more computer problems...  :down:
I have my computer set to turn the screensaver on after 10 minutes, and turn the monitors off after 20 minutes.
Recently (don't remember when it started), the hard drive activity light on the front of my computer stays on and the hard drive stays on non stop (like when you are doing something with the drive such as copying files to or from it) as soon as the computer turns the monitors off. Normally this wouldn't bother me much, but in this case, there is two reasons why it does bother me.
1. My hard drive is very noisy when it is being used.
2. I had scuedualled windows media center to record a tv show, and since the screensaver came on, and the monitors turned off, the computer started to think non stop, and my recording messed up about 15 minutes through.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Otherwise I may have to just kill the screensaver all together, and just use the power button on my monitors when I am not using my computer.
[Insert really cool signature here]