Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 05:02:11 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help back the Registry of this particular GOTD.  (Read 2884 times)
hulkbuster
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:28:29 AM »

hello folks,
          just for the heads up todays GOTD is  WinUtilities 9.3 Pro Version, packed with many,many Utilities.
WinUtilities is an award winning collection of tools to optimize and speedup your system performance. This suite contains utilities to clean registry, temporary files on your disks, erase your application and internet browser history, cache and cookies.
You can control startup programs that load automatically with Windows, find duplicate files, fix broken shortcuts and uninstall unneeded software. Other features include secure file deletion, recycle bin shredding, cleaning tasks scheduling and undelete deleted files.
Check here: Go here:
Download here: Download here:

Its a neat program with many funtions and i think a lot of people could use it. Although i managed to get another trial version from the Homepage, getting to activate and make it a full version is a totally different ballgame.
I tried looking in the Regisrtry but could couldn't find a trace, checked it in the Windows/Currentversion/Uninstall :although here the Program seems to be Registered and using this doesn't seem to activate the Product.
  My best guess either the Registry key is Encrypted.
  Likewise i do not want to infringe the Forum rule's, since it is a Giveaway, n i most certainly will format my PC, dont know when in this coming week, not to mention how many times. It would be a waste to loose this Product.
  Hope, u h' understood my Querry. Can someone find the Registry key. Grin

www.donationcoder.com  Thmbsup Thmbsup really for me is the last place i would ask for help. I consider this Forum hell lot better than WilderSecurity.

* untitled.JPG (46.58 KB, 600x439 - viewed 174 times.)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:30:08 AM by hulkbuster » Logged

Autorun Virus Remover.V.2.3 / Default Win7 Firewall / Shadow Defender.V.1.2 / Some Sense
MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »

I think the registration is within the GAOTD installer itself.  But that's just a guess.  So you may have to install it today on all the PC where you want it.  Or wait for the next GAOTD, or find an equivalent like Glary's.

.merle1.
hulkbuster
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:46:04 AM »

Anyways fixed it,,,,Donation Coder is really a Good Omen for me.

I think the registration is within the GAOTD installer itself.  But that's just a guess.  So you may have to install it today on all the PC where you want it.  Or wait for the next GAOTD, or find an equivalent like Glary's.
Glary's Utility is good ,but each one his own Preference. Win Utility has a free version as well but this is the Pro Edition that is being offered.

Thank anyways:

Autorun Virus Remover.V.2.3 / Default Win7 Firewall / Shadow Defender.V.1.2 / Some Sense
scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

You didn't get this from me, but start up the installer on giveaway day [today]
After the key wrapper dissapears and the installation starts, run

[copy or print]
md C:\GAOTD
attrib -r -h -s %temp%\we*.*
for %i in (%temp%\we*.*) do copy %i C:\GAOTD
ren C:\gaotd\*.tmp *.exe

then check C:\GAOTD for results :]

hulkbuster
Participant

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »

[copy or print]

Thanks for the CMD scancode, havn't used it but renaming the Temporary file did the job of actually getting the Original Installer, very cleverly concealed .Was figuring that for many weeks but anyways thank you. Sometimes , sometimes i feel why even let the setup.exe be archived another Setup.exe

www.donationcoder.com  Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup

scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »

[copy or print]

Thanks for the CMD scancode, havn't used it but renaming the Temporary file did the job of actually getting the Original Installer, very cleverly concealed .Was figuring that for many weeks but anyways thank you. Sometimes , sometimes i feel why even let the setup.exe be archived another Setup.exe

www.donationcoder.com  Thmbsup Thmbsup Thmbsup

Why? To only allow the exe to run on giveaway date, ofc!

majoMO
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »

thumb down FYI: WinUtilities Disk Defrag uses JkDefrag'Source Code. No mention is made of that in their documentation by WinUtilities. It's a fencing posture and an abusive idiosyncrasy indeed...

thumb down BTW, Abexo Disk Defragmenter (payware...) does the same...

Grin But they can't do that anymore with the freeware MyDefrag (that isn't open source like the previous JkDefrag...).
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »

Why? To only allow the exe to run on giveaway date, ofc!

The EXE is a pre-licensed version generated for GAOTD (ie there is no license needed to install from the extracted installer) so you can reinstall it at any time.

This trick usually works because you can extract the installer and license details where relevant. In this case you just grab the installer Wink

You don't usually even need to install the application on the GAOTD day - just run the setup to extract the installer.

By the way the script doesn't work "as is" - the folders and installer files are randomly named (not just we* folders). Just look in %temp% for the files and folders that were extracted by Setup.EXE. You can also check TaskManager to see which TMP file is being executed as the installer!

4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 05:09:53 PM »

Hah!  I usually just watch the %temp% and copy it out, now why didn't I think of making a DOpus button to do this  embarassed

I tried looking in the Regisrtry but could couldn't find a trace, checked it in the Windows/Currentversion/Uninstall :although here the Program seems to be Registered and using this doesn't seem to activate the Product.

RegShot is your friend Wink

It can also monitor for changed/new/deleted files on the system partition.

Addendum: Updated unicode version here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:47:32 PM by 4wd » Logged

Four wheel drive: Helping you get stuck faster, harder, further from help...........and it's no different on this forum Evil
hulkbuster
Participant

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »

RegShot is your friend Wink
It can also monitor for changed/new/deleted files on the system partition.
Addendum: Updated unicode version here.

Thanks mate Regshot was a handy/dandy light Program, guess i'll be  using it for a while,
CHEERS .... cheesy thumbs up

www.donationcoder.com  Thmbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.048s | Server load: 0.22 ]