ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Help back the Registry of this particular GOTD.

<< < (2/2)

scancode:
You didn't get this from me, but start up the installer on giveaway day [today]
After the key wrapper dissapears and the installation starts, run

--- ---md C:\GAOTD
attrib -r -h -s %temp%\we*.*
for %i in (%temp%\we*.*) do copy %i C:\GAOTD
ren C:\gaotd\*.tmp *.exe

then check C:\GAOTD for results :]
-scancode (January 21, 2010, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the CMD scancode, havn't used it but renaming the Temporary file did the job of actually getting the Original Installer, very cleverly concealed .Was figuring that for many weeks but anyways thank you. Sometimes , sometimes i feel why even let the setup.exe be archived another Setup.exe

www.donationcoder.com  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-hulkbuster (January 21, 2010, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why? To only allow the exe to run on giveaway date, ofc!

majoMO:
 :down: FYI: WinUtilities Disk Defrag uses JkDefrag'Source Code. No mention is made of that in their documentation by WinUtilities. It's a fencing posture and an abusive idiosyncrasy indeed...

:down: BTW, Abexo Disk Defragmenter (payware...) does the same...

;D But they can't do that anymore with the freeware MyDefrag (that isn't open source like the previous JkDefrag...).

Carol Haynes:
Why? To only allow the exe to run on giveaway date, ofc!
-scancode (January 21, 2010, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

The EXE is a pre-licensed version generated for GAOTD (ie there is no license needed to install from the extracted installer) so you can reinstall it at any time.

This trick usually works because you can extract the installer and license details where relevant. In this case you just grab the installer ;)

You don't usually even need to install the application on the GAOTD day - just run the setup to extract the installer.

By the way the script doesn't work "as is" - the folders and installer files are randomly named (not just we* folders). Just look in %temp% for the files and folders that were extracted by Setup.EXE. You can also check TaskManager to see which TMP file is being executed as the installer!

4wd:
You didn't get this from me, but start up the installer on giveaway day [today]
After the key wrapper dissapears and the installation starts, run-scancode (January 21, 2010, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hah!  I usually just watch the %temp% and copy it out, now why didn't I think of making a DOpus button to do this  :-[

I tried looking in the Regisrtry but could couldn't find a trace, checked it in the Windows/Currentversion/Uninstall :although here the Program seems to be Registered and using this doesn't seem to activate the Product.-hulkbuster (January 21, 2010, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

RegShot is your friend ;)

It can also monitor for changed/new/deleted files on the system partition.

Addendum: Updated unicode version here.

hulkbuster:

RegShot is your friend ;)
It can also monitor for changed/new/deleted files on the system partition.
Addendum: Updated unicode version here.
-scancode (January 21, 2010, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks mate Regshot was a handy/dandy light Program, guess i'll be  using it for a while,
CHEERS .... :D :up:

www.donationcoder.com  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version