i'm looking for a small, simple reminder program that reminds the user of that day's events, appointments, and tasks by popping up a dialog box one per ONLY at system start or login (at least from windows 9x thru XP). i don't want it or need it to keep a log of missed events or sit in the system tray (or run in the background). (so basically it'd be a two part program: one part would be the entry mode and the other part would be the reminder):
1. reminder should run in start>all users (or current user)>startup (should work in limited accounts, even guest account) but entry mode app would be or could be only user with admin privs.
2. tasks should be able to repeat monthly, yearly, weekly (or specific days of the week),daily (or every other/third day), bi-weekly, weekdays, weekends, etc.
3. Should display one dialog box per event w/sound (wav or mid or mp3) or one image (jpg bmp avi mov mpg) per event w/sound (wav or mid or mp3)
4. Should even run a program (or URL) on a certain day of the week or month (depending on the application should be able to run some apps on limited accounts)
5. Should ONLY display that days apps and not any past or missed tasks or future tasks. (that's why i just want it to run in start>programs>startup).
6. Reminders would be per user (for example, i could setup a reminder for myself that others wouldn't see or setup a reminder for others that I woudn't see).
I DO want it to replace windows task scheduler but I don't need it to notify user of missed tasks or keep a log of missed tasks; I also don't want it to sit in the system tray or run in the back ground (the reminder would ONLY run at system startup or login).