topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Blacklist patch for Acrylic DNS Proxy (Delphi 7)  (Read 6454 times)

electronixtar

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Blacklist patch for Acrylic DNS Proxy (Delphi 7)
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Hi DC,

I need a dns proxy, and Acrylic DNS Proxy works but only lacks one thing: blacklisting certain IP from DNS answers.

Luckily Acrylic DNS Proxy is open source software written in Delph 7, and I need DC community to help adding this little function.

In AcrylicConfiguration.ini I hope there's a new section

[BlockedIPSection]
IP1=192.168.1.*
IP2=192.168.2.2
IP3=
IPn=
Default=127.0.0.1

So whenever PrimaryServerAddress answers 192.168.1.1, Acrylic will continue lookup on SecondaryServerAddress, if it still answers 192.168.1.* or 192.168.2.2, then to TertiaryServerAddress until a correct answer is retrieved.

If all answers were in the blacklist, I hope Acrylic could yield SERVERFAIL if there's no Default IP.

And Acrylic can log this fail.

I know under one circumstance things might get somehow complicated, when DNS returns multiple records and one of them unfortunately were included in the blacklist, I hope that IP could be eliminated in the protocol level and cache only the rest of correct answers. If this is hard to implement, simply return SERVERFAIL.

I hope this won't take you guys too much time, and any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you guys!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 12:59 PM by electronixtar »