Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 21, 2014, 01:03:01 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Live Messenger Login Woes when waking up from standby  (Read 1265 times)
patteo
Charter Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 04, 2009, 11:27:51 AM »

Ever since I was forced to upgrade to Windows Live Messenger version 2009 recently by none other than Microsoft, I have been having login woes when the laptop wakes up from standby.

What happens, is that sometimes when I wake up from standby, before my computer successfully connects to the wireless network, Windows Live Messenger is attempting to login and after a while it struggles along trying to login even though the the laptop has already connected to the wireless network. And after several attempts I get this error message :

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger

Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I find that the only way for me to solve the problem is to kill Windows Live Messenger and then restart it again and then, it will login fairly quickly.

I have noticed that I don't experience such issues with Skype or Yahoo messenger which logins without fail very quickly when the laptop wakes up from standby.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and solved it ?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »

not seen this but thanks for the posting in case it happens to others.  thumbs up
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:46:15 AM »

i don't use WL Messenger but some googling shows that this is quite prevalent.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.027s | Server load: 0.18 ]