ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Live Messenger Login Woes when waking up from standby

(1/1)

patteo:
Ever since I was forced to upgrade to Windows Live Messenger version 2009 recently by none other than Microsoft, I have been having login woes when the laptop wakes up from standby.

What happens, is that sometimes when I wake up from standby, before my computer successfully connects to the wireless network, Windows Live Messenger is attempting to login and after a while it struggles along trying to login even though the the laptop has already connected to the wireless network. And after several attempts I get this error message :

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger

Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

I find that the only way for me to solve the problem is to kill Windows Live Messenger and then restart it again and then, it will login fairly quickly.

I have noticed that I don't experience such issues with Skype or Yahoo messenger which logins without fail very quickly when the laptop wakes up from standby.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and solved it ?

mouser:
not seen this but thanks for the posting in case it happens to others.  :up:

lanux128:
i don't use WL Messenger but some googling shows that this is quite prevalent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version