Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 06:23:50 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Meme time! Five Things People Don't Know About Me  (Read 27690 times)
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 04:03:02 AM »

@dwbrant: Wow! You're... good. Very good.  Thmbsup

- zaine (on Google+)
Daleus
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »

Gah!

Sorry to be the johnny come lately on this thread. It's pretty damned interesting! I've been quite busy with meme #1 on my list.

1. As a single male over 50, you wouldn't think I'd be navigating the adoption process.

2. I too count just about everything blessed thing that comes in numbers of more than 1 - the number of stairs, the numbers of steps between cracks, the number of glass panes in a window.  I count by 5's though with a complication of the first and last item counting for 10 points.  My therapist thinks I'm funny Wink

3. For the longest time I thought I was coward.  As it turned out, things I thought I was a coward about, I was really just bored by.

4. I can't think of a movie with a kid in it in a serious role, where I haven't cried.

5. I like to walk the streets at night, looking into people's windows.  Not at all interested in the people, just how they decorate.  I love seeing how different styles of furniture combine, and how some of those darker more dramtic colours look.

BONUS: I used to suffer migraines every weekend.  Then I quit the radio business and the stress just dissolved away.

Daleus, Curmudgeon-at-Large
dwbrant
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »

Wow, thanks to all for the compliments.  I appreciate it, that's something you can't hear enough of.
Shook

↑ DANISH

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »

Interesting thread, this. I'm positively surprised that I'm not as odd as i thought i was... smiley (No offence intended)

1. However outgoing i might seem to be over the internet, i am, in fact, a rather shy fellow.

2. There's many things that i just can't take as seriously as i should. (School, for instance)

3. I am paranoid and have an exceptionally short temper. Darn those bullies at elementary... >_>

4. Despite being a fairly big geek, i find MMORPGs boring after gaining the first few levels. There are a few exceptions, of course.

5. My spoken language is 80% danish, 10% English, 5% gamer slang and 5% leet. Yes, that means that i tend to go "LOL", "ROFFLE" and "OMFG" out loud.
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 09:45:47 PM »

Alright, well I'm going to go by "Five things DonationCoders (probably) don't know about me."

1) I married an alienw.
2) I didn't realize that I also count the number of steps I take going up or down stairs until I noticed so many people here doing it. I don't actually count the stairs, I count how many steps I take (I usually take them two at a time).
3) I own 7 or 8 website domains and none of them have any real (updated) content. One of those domains is full of poetry and miscellaneous writing I did several years ago. Another one contains animations I made of stick figures killing each other.
4) I often interpret words literally. So even though I know what people mean, I consider the words in their literal meaning. I find myself curious about the origins of figures of speech and the denotative meanings of words. As such, I love puns and double entendres.
5) A bunch of related ones all in one: I appear young for my age (I turn 26 this year). I'm 6'1" (185.4cm) but only weigh about 115 pounds (52.3kg). (That's barely on the BMI chart.) I broke the 100 pound barrier in my senior year of high school (9 years ago).

zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 08:56:47 AM »

5. My spoken language is 80% danish, 10% English, 5% gamer slang and 5% leet.

Danish, what a cool language. Tried to learn it back in the 90s and got good enough to read online newspapers and one novel, then after several failed attempts to move there, I gave up. Total fail on my part. For speaking 10% English, Shook, you're doing great.

- zaine (on Google+)
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 11:00:41 AM »

For speaking 10% English, Shook, you're doing great.

Yes! He's ahead of most native English speakers WRT his command of the language!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
TomD101
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 05:40:27 AM »

1. In Love with SF & F since my 13th birthday. Am 47 now.
2. Blade Runner is still my favorite movie - and a great book. And yes, I know the real title.
3. Rita Hayworth is still the most beautiful woman on screen.
4. Married a girl from my high school 8 years after finishing it. Still in love, 3 great kids, still in lust.
5. I watch out for license plate combinations. In Germany it goes x-xx nnn, meaning city code (1-3 letters) - 1-3 letters 1-3 digits. I live in Berlin, so my city code is B
Whenever I look around, I'll find a plate with B-Cxx xxx. There are more plates with a C as the first letter after the city code than any other combination. Sometimes I count them when driving or walking.

But apart from that I am quite sane.

The more things stay, the more they change the sane.
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2009, 11:26:55 AM »

1. In Love with SF & F since my 13th birthday.
3. Rita Hayworth is still the most beautiful woman on screen.

I know I'm going to feel like an idiot when you tell me the answer... but what's SF&F?

Re: Rita Hayworth - agreed!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
SKesselman
Supporting Member

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »

I think it's science fiction & fantasy.

-Sarah
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2009, 12:01:33 PM »

Ah...  embarassed

Thanks for enlightening me!

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2009, 02:24:37 PM »

Ah...  embarassed

who knows,
it could have been something kinky cheesy

Tom
Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »

Ah...  embarassed

who knows,
it could have been something kinky cheesy

But I hid my disappointment well, didn't I? Didn't I  ohmy

Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2009, 06:39:39 PM »

Well, I've been missing out, this is one awesome thread. My contribution:

1. I can say the alphabet backward as easily as I can forward.
2. When eating ice cream from a bowl, I stir it to a paste before eating it. My favorite flavor is mint choc-chip.
3. I'm not a gamer at heart, but leave me alone with a Mario game for a few hours and you'll find squished goombas all over the place.
4. I tend to be a tad black and white; I love it or I hate it. Apparently I tend to be more black than white; f0dder has taken to calling me Hatery (an anagram of my nick) on the IRC channel.
5. I am utterly obsessed with Carnegie Deli Cheesecake (despite never having liked it from any other establishment) and Cheeburger Cheeburger despite the fact that nither have a branch in my country (.au).

Ehtyar.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »

2. When eating ice cream from a bowl, I stir it to a paste before eating it. My favorite flavor is mint choc-chip.
try adding rice crispies cereal and a tiny bit of milk.  little trick i picked up in my youth while watching saturday morning cartoons.   thumbs up
Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 07:19:47 PM »

Awesome. Will so as soon as I get some icecream, thanks Mouse Man cheesy

Ehtyar.
scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 11:11:01 PM »

try adding rice crispies cereal and a tiny bit of milk.  little trick i picked up in my youth while watching saturday morning cartoons.   thumbs up

Pure. Fucking. PWNAGE.

wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 01:19:13 AM »

5% leet. Yes, that means that i tend to go "LOL", "ROFFLE" and "OMFG" out loud.

Another person that does this! Yay! cheesy

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 01:50:23 AM »

Yes, but the question then becomes "how difficult is it for you to say the alphabet forward?" tongue

I did this a few times as a kid with vanilla ice cream and food coloring to get red, green, yellow, or blue ice cream. I didn't do it very frequently because I often didn't have the patience with a treat in front of me to wait for it to melt enough to become a paste.

CWuestefeld
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2009, 06:40:53 AM »

Another person that does this! Yay! cheesy

How does one do this? Do you say the letters individually ("ell oh ell") or force it into a word ("lahl")?

Shook

↑ DANISH

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2009, 01:53:38 PM »

The latter. How one pronounces it is probably dependent on your nationality, though. "Ohmfguh!" huh
Be careful though, it might stick to your tongue... But luckily, "LOL" and such aren't unknown (or unused) terms in my class. >.>
Fun fact: If i "catch" a meme on the internet, it usually goes over to my mouth as well.
wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2009, 10:51:36 PM »

You literally say "lawl" and "roful" "oh-umm-guh" (very quickly) or just "oh emm gee" ...

Omgwtfbbq is a fun one to say aloud...

Here, has t3h uber 1337 recording of my being an idiot and saying soem random stuff (see bottom of post - WMA, sorry, convert it if you want) tongue

What I said:

* h0w u r t4lk 1n l33tsp3ak.wma (767.81 KB - downloaded 152 times.)

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
scancode
Honorary Member

I will eat Cody someday.

« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »

Here, has t3h uber 1337 recording of my being an idiot and saying soem random stuff (see bottom of post - WMA, sorry, convert it if you want) tongue

REEEEEEEMIX! coming soon!

Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2009, 12:43:45 AM »

Yes, but the question then becomes "how difficult is it for you to say the alphabet forward?" tongue
Lol, I can say the alphabet as well as anyone else I know. i.e. I have no problem saying the alphabet forwards.

I did this a few times as a kid with vanilla ice cream and food coloring to get red, green, yellow, or blue ice cream. I didn't do it very frequently because I often didn't have the patience with a treat in front of me to wait for it to melt enough to become a paste.
Yeah once or twice that has gotten the best of me, but 99% of the time this is how i eat my icecream from a bowl.

Ehtyar.
mahesh2k
Supporting Member

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2009, 02:16:56 PM »

I just got the habit of it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:18:50 PM by mahesh2k » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.057s | Server load: 0.02 ]