topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 9:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Random error, does not happen all the time (VB .NET)  (Read 3260 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Random error, does not happen all the time (VB .NET)
« on: January 29, 2009, 12:03 AM »
Alright, if you haven't done the BASIC Programming School here (that would be the language, the School is not BASIC :P), and you plan on it, this may be a bit of a spoiler (not a lot, but there is code in the SS).

Anyways, I'm working on the 2nd Basic assignment. Easy stuff, nothing complicated at all - I've done it before. I whipped up a small little prog that does it quite nicely, except for approximately 1/2 of the time, this error appears in VB - A NullReferenceException has occurred. Alright... so I threw in a Try/Catch block to see if I could get the error to appear in a format that someone from planet Earth could read... and nothing. On Error Resume Next does the same thing. The error "details" make no sense at all.

I've stepped through the program using the debugging tools, and it won't trigger any debugging issues. What the heck, seriously?

Anyone got ideas?

error.pngRandom error, does not happen all the time (VB .NET)