topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WTF Moment: BSoD on a... printer???  (Read 2386 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WTF Moment: BSoD on a... printer???
« on: January 18, 2009, 02:16 AM »
Alright, this is a new one for me. In my entire life I have never had a printer do a fatal error such as this, and certainly not one being so reminiscent of the Windows BSoD. It was so weird I took a picture of it with my dad's (crappy) Treo 650 camera. You can barely make out the error message- it was something like STOP 0x86C4872 or something, along with some random diagnostic jargon a couple lines down. All the LEDs on the thing were blinking every 1/2 second, has to be one of the strangest things I've ever seen in tech.

As a side note: The printer has been acting up the last month or so, and will miss approx 1/2 of the page unless set on the "BEST" mode. We are looking for a new printer/copier/scanner/fax combo, with Wi-Fi, if anyone could recommend anything...

General image:
Photo_011609_001.jpgWTF Moment: BSoD on a... printer???

Up close:
Photo_011609_002.jpgWTF Moment: BSoD on a... printer???

EDIT: Also, the printer was AFK/Idle (no one was using the printer/PC for several hours) when this happened. My dad picked my sister and I up from our schools and when he went into his office once we got home, he exclaimed that his printer "went insane and is blinking with errors everywhere". That kind of made my day, too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:19 AM by wreckedcarzz »