Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 17, 2014, 06:34:04 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: I have made 3 images of grids.  (Read 3492 times)
Neillithan
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »

Hi, I like Grid Move a lot, but there seems to be an appeal to more advanced users.  I am terrible at math and variables and I just don't have the feel for it.

If someone is up to the task, I have made 3 images which would make great grids in my opinion, but I don't know how to make them myself.  If you don't want to make them, I understand, just please know my intentions are honest and I'm not here to beg for favors.  Just a kind yes or no will suffice.

Here are 3 grids that I have doctored up in Gimp, if someone could reproduce these in the form of a grid I would be very thankful. smiley

Also, the resolution I am using is 1680x1050 (16:10 AR)

Thanks,
-Neil
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:30:04 PM »

Hi Neillithan! Wellcome to DC smiley

Regarding #1: don't you prefer to have 2 chat windows and a larger browser window (taking the whole space)? Also, if you're using msn messenger, chat windows might not scale as small as you want them to, unfortunatelly.

Regarding #:2: see if the following will do:

Regarding #3: do you want it to not touch the top and bottom of the screen? how much space do you want it to leave out? (1/4 of the screen on each side? or more?)

Now, regarding them all: why not have them all in one grid? smiley

Neillithan
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »

Hi, thanks for your reply.  The code you gave me for that grid looks very familiar to the 100 possibilities grid.  This is what it looks like when I use that grid.

It almost works.  The layers are squooshed off the edge of the screen.

If a grid can be made that encompasses all 3 of my grids, that would be cool.

I use pidgin as my messenger so the size of the messenger and the buddy list should fit the proportions of the grid that I drew.  Here is a screenshot of what I want it to look like:

I tend to leave a few pixels of space around the browser on all 4 sides for no reason.  So if it's easier to make a grid that ignores those little spaces, that would be fine as well.  I'm not picky. smiley

And for the multipurpose one (#3), I want that to be similarly sized to the browser in the picture above.

I hope that helps. smiley

Thanks,
-Neil
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:28:45 AM »

Here's the #1 grid:

Now, let's see if the second one is better like this:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.058s | Server load: 0.15 ]