topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: CLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019  (Read 465822 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Cranioscopical, I must apologize, it seems your error was in fact a bug in v2.16.02, which has now been corrected in new version.  See https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=32668.0 for more info.  No need to download the new version since you have already restarted, which also fixes the error.

digideth

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Whats the deal with CHS?

Did it get rolled back a few versions or something... some how I have version 2.17.01 installed?

So should I install version 2.16.02 instead.

I am confused.... help please, thank you!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just a mistake in my part in not updating the version here -- the latest version is 2.17.1

digideth

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Just a mistake in my part in not updating the version here -- the latest version is 2.17.1

thank you!  :D

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bugfix update -- could be important for anyone using an app that has not behaved well with CHS (or other clipboard tools) in the past.

v2.18.01 - May 18, 2013
  • [BugFix] Several bug fixes to try to handle applications that CHS has had trouble capturing from in the past (Zim Desktop) and that generate excessive clipboard messages, and to avoid delayed captures in Open Office / Libre Office due to a bug in those programs.
  • [BugFix] Fixed disk-not-in-drive error and error creating initial database lock file that could happen on some startups.
  • [Feature] Added option to check for updates at startup.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A big thank you to Jesper and Hamradio and others for helping me test the new version and track down CHS bugs.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is it just my system, or is there something slightly odd about 2.18.01's accelerator keys?  The first time I press the hotkey then W to bring up the main window, they don't work as expected.  That is, if I press Alt+F, nothing happens, even though the File menu is underlined.  I have to press Alt and release it to highlight File, then press Enter to drop down the menu.  This is with the cursor on All clips in the tree, but, CHS 2.18.01 starts with All coloured grey, not blue to indicate it's active.  If I click on it to make it go blue, or likewise on New clips, the accelerator keys work as expected, i.e. Alt+F immediately drops down the File menu, Alt+L the layouts, etc.

I don't know if this happened before, but I don't remember it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I see what you mean.  I don't think it's a new thing.. I think it has to do with CHS starting the focus in the search/filter edit box, and it must have behaved like this for quite some time.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Minor update:
v2.19.01 - June 12, 2013
  • [BugFix] The "Print Last Clip" menu item was sometimes printing an incorrect clip instead of the last one captured.
  • [BugFix] The Modify Format dialog sometimes appeared behind main window and was hidden by it.
  • [MinorFeature] The Modify Format dialog now can add a sequence of letters (A,B,C) as well as numbers, to lists.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Beta release, feedback wanted:

v2.20.01 Beta - Aug 26, 2013
  • [BugFix] The "paste entire stack as block" function would not paste more than 25 clips.
  • [Improvement] Maximum text capture size limit now increased from 10k bytes to 1mb (default changed to 32k).
  • [Improvement] Installer now offers to install desktop icon.
  • [Improvement] Custom spelling dictionaries are now stored in users config directory (which will be in App directory if portable or on xp, but in Documents subdirectory on Vista/Win7/Win8).
  • [Improvement] Added Export button to database maintenance tab in options to export all clips (you can also export visible clips at any time from main File menu).
  • [Improvement] Re-wrote the Modify Format/Case dialog help section.
  • [Improvement] Options dialog now has a Cancel button to abandon any changes made.
  • [Improvement] Merge separator is now a MRU-based combo box list.
  • [BugFix] Custom hotkeys set to Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V will be ignored as they cannot be used (you can of course use them with modifiers like alt/shift/winkey).
  • [BugFix] SaveAs and Printer configuration dialogs were sometimes showing behind main window.
  • [BugFix] When Favorites were being shown on root of quick paste popup menu, only 1 was being shown.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

mouser, if I go to the program home page, it only lists 2.19.01.  Where's the beta, and is there a portable beta, please?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
first post updated with link to beta, both portable and installer.

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Hi Mouser,

Suggestion - maybe add just a few lines with regards to installing/upgrading?

a) upgrading portable versions  (e.g. after unzipping the new version, what files to copy over the existing version, so it will adopt previous settings?
Personally, I guess only the ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe should be replaced?)

b) upgrading from portable to installer version - how to proceed, specifically when the portable is installed on a different drive.
Maybe the installer version will overwrite existing database/.ini files?

I admit... I did not try it, as I donot want to mess things up  :)

Keep up the good work!

=

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
maybe add just a few lines with regards to installing/upgrading?

a) upgrading portable versions  (e.g. after unzipping the new version, what files to copy over the existing version, so it will adopt previous settings?
Personally, I guess only the ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe should be replaced?)

b) upgrading from portable to installer version - how to proceed, specifically when the portable is installed on a different drive.
Maybe the installer version will overwrite existing database/.ini files?

Settings came up lately -
a) the portable has ini files and database in the install folder - the portable download has none of these - I copy over everything from the portable zip - settings and database are kept.
b) the install version - the setting files and the database are by default stored in the MyDocs/Donationcoder/etc folder. Below are the subfolders/files in the CH&S MyDocs folder (i.e. the installed version - but best get confirmation there of what to copy). They would need to be replaced from the portable version.

Spoiler
==========
subfolders:
==========
Database
PresetViews
PresetFormats
Backups
==========
files:
==========
ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini
ClipboardHelpAndSpell_UserTools.ini

Tom

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks.
a) Upgrading Portable->Portable: that is clear then.
of course only the rootfolder data, i.e. not overwriting \backup \database folder..   :)
=
CHS-Upgrading Portable Version-28082013 165939.png
=

b) Install-version over portable: well, I donot know, I have the portable version entirely on a different partition, in fact in a containerfile (Bestcrypt container)
I first open the container, then I launch the portable version from desktop link.
When installing the 'Install-version' - it should be possible to:

1) select to overwrite the portable version and accept the \database and \backup folder there
or better
2) install in a separate folder and then
   - import database and backup from portable \database \backup
   - import the .ini settings

==

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The portable zip is made so you can overwrite ALL files; the only caveat is that you should not ever edit the ConfigDir_Default.ini; if you want to customize the ConfigDir where stuff is stored, edit ConfigDir.ini.

If you want to move from portable to Installer, or vice versa, the only thing to do is remember to exit CHS first.  Then move your database directory (and ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini file) from the old to the new.  In installer version the files are under the user documents\DonationCoder folder.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
mouser,

Thanks for putting up the portable beta clearly.

I just copied the new/newer files from the archive over the portable directory, not bothering with identical ones.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:38 PM by rjbull, Reason: added \"from archive\" »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Template:
@Paste MemPad note style
%ExcerptText%

URL: %Notes%
[ Web site visited %CreationDateTime% ]

%ClipText%

Clipping your same post and pasting with this template still gives this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\nFirst Author\nAdministrator\n*****\nPosts: 31,430\n\n\nplarker mouser see users location on a map

URL: https://www.donation...;topicseen#msg336041
[ Web site visited 2013-08-28 ]

when it should give this:

First Author
Administrator

plarker mouser see users location on a map

URL: https://www.donation...;topicseen#msg336041
[ Web site visited 2013-08-28 ]

i.e., those \n are still coming out as-is, not being converted to "real linefeeds."

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I cannot reproduce this -- can you check again and see if you detect any pattern to when it might be displaying as \n instead of pasting the real newlines?

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Mouser

[Improvement] Merge separator is now a MRU-based combo box list.

eh ... am not sure ...

=
SnagIt-29082013 070534.pngCLIPBOARD HELP+SPELL LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v2.46.0 - Dec 30, 2019
=

dcwul62

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The portable zip is made so you can overwrite ALL files; the only caveat is that you should not ever edit the ConfigDir_Default.ini; if you want to customize the ConfigDir where stuff is stored, edit ConfigDir.ini.

If you want to move from portable to Installer, or vice versa, the only thing to do is remember to exit CHS first.  Then move your database directory (and ClipboardHelpAndSpell.ini file) from the old to the new.  In installer version the files are under the user documents\DonationCoder folder.

Thanks Mouser!

=

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
dcwul62, you found a bug in the merge separator dialog. Now fixed if you redownload.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I cannot reproduce this -- can you check again and see if you detect any pattern to when it might be displaying as \n instead of pasting the real newlines?
Using CHS 2.20.01, c:\NoInst\ClipboardHelpAndSpell\
ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe   10196152   2013.8.29   8:55.52
MD5 991ac7b09eb41f237df9a9c154ff6723

Using NoteTab Pro plain text editor as the "catching" application, the one to paste into.  Workflow: clip from app using mouse.  Alt-Tab to NoteTab Pro.  Standard Ctrl+V paste.  Open new file.  Ctrl+Alt+Q for CHS popup, Additional actions on last clip, cursor down to my own template as posted above, paste again and compare.

Standard Ctrl+V paste works as expected.  The "\n problem" (which also shows "\t" on occasion) only happens with clips from Web browsers; I tried both Firefox and Opera.  It doesn't happen with either NoteTab Pro itself or an RTF word processor, Polyedit, pasting into NoteTab Pro.  The "\n" and "\t" always show in the popup even if not pasted as such, though I presume that's by design, to show more of the content.

If there's something wrong with my own template, what is it?  Do templates need an end delimiter, or is the "@" that starts the next one enough?

Further:

On the popup, if you want Additional actions for clips before the current one, you have to Shift+Click.  For us keyboard users, please could you make the Windows Menu key do the same thing?

Minor typo on the Paste Templates section of Options: "templlate" should be "template."  That's the last word above the template menu box.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you just paste through CHS without using template, does it paste with proper newlines or the \n problem?

And can you check if in CHS itself the clip has newlines in the clip or \n.

In other words, do we have reason to believe its the template system instead of something happening every time CHS pastes or something happening at time of capture?

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you just paste through CHS without using template, does it paste with proper newlines or the \n problem?
Proper newlines.

And can you check if in CHS itself the clip has newlines in the clip or \n.
If you mean in Main window the window that shows the body text of the clip, it shows newlines, not \n.

In other words, do we have reason to believe its the template system instead of something happening every time CHS pastes or something happening at time of capture?
That seems to mean a problem with the template system?