Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 31, 2014, 02:42:13 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - v1.09.01 - May 27, 2010  (Read 11147 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:16:18 AM »

Unicode Image Maker v1.08.01 - June 15, 2009

Download from official web page: http://www.donationcoder....codeImageMaker/index.html

v1.09.01, May 27, 2010
  • [Feature] Added options dialog
  • [Feature] Added preset text panel size menu whose entries can be customized from the options dialog.
  • [Feature] User can now configure what file format should be used when dragging files out.
  • [BugFix] Temp image file used for dragging out was sometimes blank.
  • [Feature] Updated with latest screengrab code for grabbing image of text.
  • [Feature] Temp file used for dragging out is now saved in config directory for application (appdata\ for vista or later).
  • [Feature] You can now specify a background image file to use (stretched or tiled).

v1.08.01 - 6/15/09
  • [Feature] Added code to save configuration in user data directory on windows Vista and later.  Supports configdir.ini file for changing this directory and making program portable.
  • [BugFix] Wasn't properly saving image files on Windows Vista and later.

v1.06.01 - 7/17/08
  • [MinorFeature] Set default to black background and white text which is more sensible default for transparent background.
  • [BugFix] Cancel button when launched via screenshot captor was not working.
  • [MajorFeature] Lots of new commandline options added.
  • [MajorFeature] You can now save and load full style settings files which can be applied to text and are also callable via commandline.
  • [MinorFeature] Last background color and other parameters are now remembered.

v1.04.01 - 6/20/08
  • [BugFix] Save dialog was not showing (doh!)

v1.03.01 - 8/13/07
  • Updated to work better with Screenshot Captor.
  • Updated to use new ImageEn Component (2.31)
  • Added update checking code.

ps. grab the latest version of Screenshot Captor for full seamless integration with this tool.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:15:00 PM by mouser » Logged
andj_c
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 05:39:15 PM »

Hi,

Unicode Image Maker is a useful tool. Although there are a few features that would be good to add:

* full unicode input support would be appreciated. Currently seems to work well for langauges ofifcially supported by Microsoft, but lacks support for unicode import form other keyboard layouts. I can cut and paster text inot the app, but I can't type directly into the app.

* the ability to change the colour of individual unicode characters without breaking the shaping, i.e. Arabic characters, or combining diacritics.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:05:29 AM »

can you talk a little about the second item - what does it do now and what should it do?

by the way the component used in unicode image maker is called trichview:
http://www.trichview.com/support/

so if you can find a solution or help or guidance from them i can add it to unicode image maker.

ps.
almost no one has ever commented or contacted me about this app so i assume its not very much used or needed so i don't spend much time trying to improve it.
guitarp11
Participant

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »

All I have to say is large expectations=large disapointment. It only changes the text you see into an image. Microsoft Paint does it better. I was looking to put whole books into jpeg or gif to put on my PSP and read on the go. Unicode Text-To-Image seemed perfect. Until the discovery above. If you want to chage a sentence into text, this is for you.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:19:47 AM »

Updated to fix Vista/Win7 problem.  Thanks to user Matthias for alerting me to the problem and helping me test.

v1.08.01 - 6/15/09
  • [Feature] Added code to save configuration in user data directory on windows Vista and later.  Supports configdir.ini file for changing this directory and making program portable.
  • [BugFix] Wasn't properly saving image files on Windows Vista and later.
sgellman
Participant

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 03:08:04 AM »

I need to convert Chinese words and phrases to transparent images for use in my VB6 program. Your program seems perfect with one exception, the image created is too big. I need the image to be just big enough to accomodate the characters in the phrase.
I see there was an earlier comment regarding cropping so I am wondering if and when this feature will be available.
Regards
Stephen
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 03:09:37 AM »

just resize the dialog -- the saved picture is exactly as big as you make it.
sgellman
Participant

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 03:20:44 AM »

I can't believe the speed of your response - it says it is 02:09am. I'm in the UK and it is 09:20!
I must be missing something - I presume the dialog is the large white box where I have copied the chinese phrase. The sliders at left and bottom move the phrase in the dialog but the the size of the dialog doesn't change.
How do I resize it?
Stephen
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 03:37:30 AM »

just grab the lower right corner of the entire window with the mouse and click and drag.
(the cursor should change to a diagonal two headed arrow when you move near the bottom right corner to show that the window can be resized by dragging).
rainwf
Participant

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 10:06:44 AM »

Thanks for the command line interface.  I'm using this to create LightScribe labels from a batch script.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to save the font size. I need this to make the text fit on a DVD label.  Specifically, if I set the Arial font size to a non-default value (10), Save RVF Style File, exit the program, start the program, and then Load RVF Style File, the Arial font size remains the default (24).  As a result, the -stylefile command option does not serve my purpose.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.13 ]