woooohooo! We're already there. I was just capable of solving my first game. Only a few beautiness bugs so far:
1. The hints window now shows up with good colors on program startup, but still has the black on black bug when using "new puzzle" menu item. Changing fontsize there restores the visible sate again.
2. As you already said, to make the left grid text readable i have to switch off the bottom grid and use the splitter bar. Then i can show and hide the bottom grid again to get an overview and play further as i need without "encrypt" the left text again.
3. I have to set up all settings every time the program starts up. So there is no save of the settings (main window size/position, bottom grid on/off, ...)
4. Can you make an option to disable the bubble help (balloon help)? Using your program is not so difficult that i have to be reminded every time i enter a new window (grid, hint) that i can right click for options. And the balloons hide information everytime they appear. I have to wait or move the mouse to read the hints behind the balloon. That is a bit annoying for "expert users" like me.
New 4. I think the "Show hints" option is supposed to switch off the ballons, right? OK but then i somehow can't get the program to remember my option settings. When i open the options dialog and remove the checkmark at "show hints" and "show spash screen" and press the "close" button and reopen the options dialog the checkmarks are back again.
5. The crosses and checkmarks are now well visible for me. But making them a bit bigger for me, as you wrote, results in that the gridlines are overwritten where the marks are set. (See attached screenshot). NOt a big deal as it has nothing to do with the gameplay itself, only a question of beauty.
6. I dont know how to handle the "players". What is the difference between "new player" and "create new player"? If i create a new "joto-player" and open "switch player" dialog joto is not there! What do i wrong here?
But as i said...i am now able to play the game as it is. The now existing bugs aren't no-goes now anymore. So feel free and take your time if you wanna solve them.
Second Time Donation for Second great game is on the way again. Many thanks again