ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

CluGrid Discussion

(1/8) > >>

timns:
Evening all. I just uploaded another free puzzle game called http://timns.dcmembers.com/CluGrid.html to keep http://timns.dcmembers.com/Deductoid.html company. This one's shamelessly based on those puzzle books you buy at the airport to feel intelligent while you wait to hear about the latest flight delays.

I was quite proud of writing this: the puzzles, text, objects and clues are all generated algorithmically and you get 999,999 variants at each size.

I hope you all enjoy it - there's a help page if you get stuck or it blows up.

Or ask me here...  :)

JoTo:
Dear Timns,

thank you very much for your CluGrid game. I love this kind of game and searched a long time for a computerized version of it.

What a pity it is unuseable for me. As a visually impaired person i must have a black background with a bright (white) text color. In your program i can read the hints as they use my system colors. But i cant use the grid as it has a fixed white background.

I wonder if it is possible and you are willing to investigate if its possible to ...
a) make the colors customizable or
b) use systemcolors for the grid as well as for the hint window?

I really would be very thankful if i will be able to play your game with the next version. Of course if i can use it, a donation is promised.

For your dedictoid game (there is another similar free, dos-based game named sherlock) the colors are useable. But there i have problems with the tinyness of the symbols. Maybe there it is possible to load other symbol sets that are easier to see for the "nearly blind"? Using simpler symbols (like the numbers - that are well visible for me).

I know, i am a minority. I really can recommend this games to all the others. The problems have nothing to do with the programs, it is all my fault (or better my eyes one).

I hope you won't leave me alone with my problem if there is a pssibility for you to solve it. The CluGrid problem is more important for me, as for the other game i still can use my Dos-based version of Sherlock.

Thx. again for your efforts.

CU
JoTo

timns:
JoTo,

I will certainly re-visit the CluGrid code and see what I can do with the colours. The only minority I consider you to be is that of someone who gave me feedback  ;)

There is the "zoom" feature in Deductoid, and in fact Mr TPReal asked if I could make the clues zoomable as well as the tiles, which I shall do very soon - would that help at all?

Your other immediate option is to replace the .bmp files in the "Tiles" folder with clearer images. (Damn, I'm foresighted sometimes) with maybe some clearer clipart or big bold numbers or letters. You simply dump the images into the folders named "Row1" thru "Row10" and the game will pick them up next time you run. Make sure the ones you want appear first in the folder and you should be good to go. Don't worry about the image size too much either - there's a real-time smooth resizer in there what I once wrote.

Anyway, I have a couple of spare tile sets here, which are mainly big coloured letters. I really hope it helps - we can't have you going back to some inferior DOS game now can we?  :Thmbsup:

timns

JoTo:
Dear timns,

wow...you are really responsive. Only a few minutes after my post i got an answer.

I saw the "zoom setting" in Deductoid already...but i only understand how to get it zoomed now. Thats great. And with the capability to change the graphics to my needs i for sure can do a "del sherlock /S" :-))

Donation is on the way!

Thank you very much again.

CU
JoTo

timns:
Whee! Thank you very kindly JoTo.

Now, if you can take a download of CluGrid once again, you will see a new menu item when you right-click in the clue area: "Invert colors"

I hope it makes the game much more playable for you.

timns

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version