Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 02, 2014, 09:10:17 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: My wishlist-grab changes in focused window  (Read 2578 times)
PhotoComiX
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:43:33 PM »

smiley
I searched for years a similar tool, is not a desktop screencaster video recorder and not a screengrabber but something in between

I explain better i need to record my workflow on graphic SW (as gimp,inkscape..) but i need that the screegrab is done only when there are changes in the image window.

in other words this is what i will need
1 i open gimp (or photoshop or...) and i open a image windows
2 now i take a shoot of the window,save, but, here the point, now i can check a new option "Monitor this windows"
3 "Monitor this windows" simply automatically take another shoots when N pixels change inside that windows
as example suppose i'm drawing, when N, let's say five pixel are changed it automatically take a
new shoot and save in the same directory of the first shoot
3 bis  i make a example of a chang of 5 pixel, but should be 5 "or more".
If changes happen toghether (to clear if instead then drawing i apply a filter) then a new shoot has to be taken, doesn't matter if was not a change of 5 but of much more pixel

I think purpose and utility is  clear, i have no idea if could be done easily but it would be wonderful if possible

I'm not a native english so if i was not clear just tell me i will try to explain better

Anyway compliment for this sw is the most complete screenshoot utility i found till now and i tried tons of them
Even expensive commercial ones (i never buy one, but i tested the trial versions ) are so complete and full of features
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »

Hey PhotoComiX!

I'm wondering: why don't you use something like wink?
I think it looks more adjusted to what you're trying to do than SC..

PS: what's your native language? there is a pretty good chance that someone around here speaks your language smiley

PhotoComiX
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 07:09:57 PM »

No wink do nothing of what i want

i just need that after the first  other screenshoot be automatically trigged by changes of the selected window (selected from the first screenshoot).

i really don't like wink thumb down and i don't want/need a classic video screen recorder, i need only the changes in the window be recorded, and as  png, a new one for each change of >N pixels in the chosen area, so no in video format

Sure final result for me will be a animation but in stopmotion, from single png, showing each minimal changes (except when i used filters, but for that i can provide same simple fading)

point is that i'm not sure is technically feasible, but for this i asked here

BTW sono italiano smiley
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 07:14:04 PM by PhotoComiX » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.08 ]