LATEST OFFICIAL RELEASE:
Works out of the boxThere are many good application and file launchers around but Find and Run Robot (or FARR) is definitely one of the coolest that I have found.. Overall, FARR is a fantastic application and file launcher for both computer beginners and experts. Moreover, there are a huge number of open-source plugins that you can download to extend the functionality of this program. If you are looking for a super application and file launcher that gives you more control without compromising Windows system performance, FARR is your best bet.
Lucid Dream Inducer is a simple little utility to play a customizable chime and voice file in the middle of the night to try to nudge you into Lucid Dreaming..
- You need to have a computer near your bed when you use this program. The basic idea is that you would enable it when you head to sleep, and some hours later it will play some chimes to semi-wake you and then a voice recording to remind you to try to be aware that you are dreaming.
- There are options to let you easily choose which chimes and voice messages to (randomly) play at what volume. I include a few but really you should make your own. You can choose how long after you head to sleep the first episode should occur, and then the number and delay between subsequent episodes.
- There is nothing controversial about the fact that people can have lucid dreams -- but inducing them seems to be a hit and miss affair and more of an art than a science, with different people finding different tricks that work for them.
- While there may be some high-tech ways to induce lucid dreaming by detecting when the brain goes into certain stages of sleep and waking the person at that time, this tool uses a low-tech, less-reliable technique. If you are serious about trying to use this tool you will have to experiment with the time delays, volumes, and sound files to find those that work most often for you (the program displays a log of which sounds were played and when to help you identify what worked).
- I'd love to hear if this works for anyone!
- And I need some better people to make good "instructional" voice messages, so please make some and share them!
More on Lucid Dreaming: Wikipedia page.