Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 02:40:58 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: screen capture software that uploads to free image host  (Read 9072 times)
kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:26:15 AM »

hello

best software that can screen capture only a frame of the screen and upload it to a free image host with as less clicks as possible?

thanks
tinyvillager
Charter Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 02:05:18 AM »

http://shup.com/

"Shup is a free multi-host file uploading, image editing, and collaboration tool for Windows. With it, you can quickly share your screenshots, images, and other files by turning them into web links."
kalos

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:13:21 AM »

thanks

however I didnt manage to capture a rectangular selection and not the whole screen

do I miss something?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 02:15:15 AM »

there are right-click context menu tools for various uploader services.
if you use screenshot captor to capture images, you should be able to right click on any screenshot and upload from the thumbnail panel in screenshot captor.
kalos

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 02:29:04 AM »

can you tell me please any apart from imageshack?
sri
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 05:21:12 AM »

Try http://www.jingproject.com/

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:22:12 AM »

if you use screenshot captor to capture images, you should be able to right click on any screenshot and upload from the thumbnail panel in screenshot captor.

mousie: Does uploading to image sites from SSC work from behind a proxy? (i.e., is there a provision to enter proxy name and port)

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 05:41:49 AM »

what mouser meant was using an existing image hosting site's tools to upload to their respective sites such as Imageshack's QuickLoad.

btw, you can also use jgpaiva's FTP Uploader.

Nighted
Charter Honorary Member

Meat Popsicle

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:23:33 AM »

Kalos, Cropper does what you want.

BUT!!!!, if you just need to send quick screenshots that you really only want someone to view once, than try Kidsnapper, which can be set up to capture anything on your screen just be remotely refreshing a browser, or not...it has a decent options set.

I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
kalos

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »

I try to download cropper plugin but they are missing

http://www.codeplex.com/cropperplugins
Nighted
Charter Honorary Member

Meat Popsicle

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 05:00:02 PM »

Attached is Cropper and all plug ins.

* Cropper [1.9.1].rar (350.83 KB - downloaded 219 times.)

I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 06:59:15 PM »

I would like plugin support in Screenshot Captor and plugins to send to image hosts smiley

blackcat
Participant

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 03:22:24 AM »

mouser, i think dr-leech's idea to have feature to upload to image hosting sites in ssci is indeed a great one..and for a start, i'd like to see imageshack and photobucket in the supported image hosts..why do i need another program to do the uploading when i can request you to add that feature in ssc itself..
DanielSmith
Participant

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 03:43:06 AM »

i don't know there is such a programme exsited,but i have used kind of screen capture software called

ACA Capture Pro, and picassa 
i

think it can handle it .

Planka
Participant

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 07:22:14 AM »

I use Screen VidShot!! Thmbsup i think it is the best tool!!! cheesy
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »

+1 for Jing. I have been using it lately and it is nice.

sri
Honorary Member

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »

I use Screen VidShot!! Thmbsup i think it is the best tool!!! cheesy

What has VidShot got to do w/ screenshot capture? From what I see, it's a screencasting program and a paid one, at that.

Jing is currently the best fit for what the original poster asked for. It's free, let's you take a screenshot and upload w/ the least number of clicks w/ uploaded URL auto-copied to the clipboard.

Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 12:41:14 PM »

Divshare.com now added API support, it should be great to see Screenshot Captor with automatic upload support smiley

kalos

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 01:45:41 PM »

that jing is nice, but its too fancy!
steeladept
Supporting Member

Fettucini alfredo is macaroni & cheese for adults

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »

Am I missing something here?  Screenshot Captor should handle all this already I thought.  With the Send To list supporting FTP sites, can't you just set it up for that?  If it must go via http or another tool, I thought there was a way to configure external tools as well under Options>Files+Folders>Edit External 3rd Party Tool Menu.  I mean maybe it just launches the uploader, but that is pretty much what would be required anyway, isn't it.  I don't use those tools at all, so I don't know; but I use SSC a lot and find it is capable of everything except doing the dishes.  Okay, maybe it won't change the baby's diapers either...but it is still more than I have accomplished with SnagIt which everyone at work insists upon - until I show them SSC.  Then they want SSC, so I tell them how to get it.  Don't know how many actually have, but I know I am putting the word out. Thmbsup

mousie: Does uploading to image sites from SSC work from behind a proxy? (i.e., is there a provision to enter proxy name and port)

I have been asking for that for a while, well, more specifically for downloading from behind an http proxy, so I guess that doesn't really have anything to do with this at all does it?  However, if you can configure for FTP as above, perahps you have something.  Okay I will shut up for now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 03:27:16 PM by steeladept » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 03:30:08 PM »

Screenshot Captor also is designed so that any right-click context menu can be used in the left-hand thumbnail sidebar.

So, for example, any of the free context menu extensions that work with the free image hosting sites should work from within Screenshot Captor.

Some samples:
http://su.asdf17.com/
http://www.raymond.cc/blo...yousendit-and-custom-ftp/
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 03:35:53 PM »

No love for PhotoBucket?
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 06:37:18 PM »

I hadn't thought about that. So, match Screenshot Captor with RightLoad.

kalos

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 01:51:02 AM »

I hadn't thought about that. So, match Screenshot Captor with RightLoad.

thats nice

can Screenshot Captor creator combine them? or can Screenshot Captor creator implement an upload feature?

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.046s | Server load: 0.02 ]