topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:20 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Chrome tab height bug?  (Read 4088 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Chrome tab height bug?
« on: February 27, 2020, 03:31 AM »
Hi,

a few weeks ago this started to happen: sometimes, in a maximized Chrome window, the tabs would not reach the top end of the screen. If that happens, it's possible to click 'over' a tab while trying to click on it. Nothing happens, the tab isn't activated:

Screenshot - 2020-06-07 001.pngChrome tab height bug?

If that happens I use Win+Left to make the window smaller and then Win+Up to maximize it again. That fixes it:

Screenshot - 2020-06-07 002.pngChrome tab height bug?

Did anyone else notice this? I've tried Google but didn't find anything. The issue is still there after the latest Chrome update.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:51 AM by brotherS »

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Chrome tab height bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 04:39 AM »
The issue still sometimes shows up here. I'm really surprised that this thread didn't get a single reply. Am I the only one seeing this? :)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 06:41 AM »
The issue still sometimes shows up here. I'm really surprised that this thread didn't get a single reply. Am I the only one seeing this? :)
Well, I initially read your post but didn't recognize the issue, Chrome is only my third browser (Firefox GA and Firefox DEV are my 2 main browsers... browser-based application development and testing on the same domain but different accounts => 2 browsers is the easiest solution).
And on top of that, even if it happened, I probably wouldn't have noticed... :-[

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 06:53 AM »
Well, I initially read your post but didn't recognize the issue, Chrome is only my third browser (Firefox GA and Firefox DEV are my 2 main browsers... browser-based application development and testing on the same domain but different accounts => 2 browsers is the easiest solution).
And on top of that, even if it happened, I probably wouldn't have noticed... :-[
Hehe... ok. :D Your reply inspired me to add screenshots to my first post above. And by doing that I saw that not only the tab is reduced in height but also the top of the "+" button is cut off. Weird!