Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 18, 2014, 10:41:22 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Idiotic Antivirus  (Read 7433 times)
allen
Charter Member

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 05, 2007, 09:07:31 AM »

AntiVir PE is driving me absolutely crazy--every time I go near an fsekrit file it pops up alerts: HEUR-DBLEXT/Crypted . . . to the point where I'm about to just uninstall it and not bother with antivirus software tongue
hollowlife1987
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:22:20 AM »

Send the file into Aviria as a fake positive
f0dder

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »

Oh christ, I completely missed this thread >_<

I wonder if it's the PECompact compression that ticks it off, or it actually manages to unpack and scan the real executable. Of course there's no malicious code in fSekrit, but it does access it's own .exe file, which can be classified as suspicious by heuristic scanning...

- carpe noctem
allen
Charter Member