Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 23, 2014, 01:28:27 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: slenderFARR - a new skin for FARR  (Read 18157 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 10:13:41 PM »

+1 this is a cool skin! i didn't realize this skin still works in newer versions. thumbs up

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 11:18:49 PM »

ill see what i can figure out about the skin builder incompatibility.
rbeeger
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 10:02:13 AM »

@Mouser: The message is a bit misleading. The problem actually is that the skin format exported by VLC Skin Builder 7 is newer than the one supported by FARR. Skins edited with Skin Builder 6 and earlier work without problems with FARR. Updating FARR to the current version of VLCSkin will probably be all you'll have to do.

@Nod5: Strange that you see the scrollbars in slenderFARR. Since I stopped using WindowBlinds and am back to Windows Luna, I always see the standard Luna scroll bars and those don't show the problems you seem to experience.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »

Updating FARR to the current version of VLCSkin will probably be all you'll have to do.
ah well that's even better.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 04:06:03 PM »

FARR has been updated and should handle the new skin files now as of version 2.55.01.
Nod5
Supporting Member

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 03:02:49 PM »

After the update the scrollbars for this skin now look like they should without the need to edit the skinfile.  Thmbsup
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 09:58:59 PM »

the skin works very well with the new version.. thumbs up

Nod5
Supporting Member

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2009, 06:01:51 PM »

Doh! Now the old blue scrollbars are back again even with 2.55.01!! Weird - I've changed nothing, just rebooted.
phitsc
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »

Great skin. Love it!

Nod5
Supporting Member

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 04:34:09 PM »

I'm attaching a modded version of SlenderFARR. The only change from the standard version is that I replaced the scrollbars by importing those from another skin ( mxskin13.skn ).

I've set XP to use non-default values for scrollbar width ( right click desktop > properties > appearance > advanced > scroll = size 11 ). Maybe that's why I and no one else got the blue scrollbars with the standard SlenderFARR.

* slenderFARR-silverscroll.zip (18.45 KB - downloaded 159 times.)
Nod5
Supporting Member

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 06:33:18 AM »

A tip for others that also prefer a minimal GUI: run this autohotkey script once after each FARR startup (usually once after each computer reboot) to disable the statusbar text.
It also has the positive sideeffect of hiding the horizontal line between the main input box and the (now empty) statusbar area until any matches are displayed.
[copy or print]
Control, Hide,, TPanel1, ahk_class TMainForm
ControlSetText, TPanel3, %A_Space%, ahk_class TMainForm

edit: I autorun the script after each reboot and then delay it for 2 minutes ( autohotkey command: "Sleep, 120000") so that it doesn't try to disable the statusbar before FARR has autostarted.

edit2: the sleep step above didn't work if the FARR window hadn't been opened once yet. This works better. Put it in autorun and change "pause" to whatever you use as FARR hotkey.
[copy or print]
~Pause::
winwaitactive, ahk_class TMainForm
Control, Hide,, TPanel1, ahk_class TMainForm
ControlSetText, TPanel3, %A_Space%, ahk_class TMainForm
exitapp
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 05:03:20 PM by Nod5 » Logged
Kamel
Honorary Member

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 11:22:42 PM »

I have read this thread entirely (I think), and while this does appear to be addressed here:

Quote from: mouser
you dont have to technically remove the toolbar, just click and hold to the left of it and drag it to far right which will hide it.

I want it to look like the example in the original post, which has no sorting bar there.

I'm the guy you yell at when your DSL goes down...
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 11:43:52 PM »

find 'results display style' under display options and change it to 'large icon...'
Kamel
Honorary Member

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »

find 'results display style' under display options and change it to 'large icon...'

ohhhhh, thanks.....

Mouser, may I suggest a feature request, to be able to hide the toolbars in small list icons, without changing the way it shows? Perhaps an autohide is in place? IDK, but I really love the list style, if it were just possible to make it a bit more minimal

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 12:03:13 AM »

what do you want to hide?
Kamel
Honorary Member

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2009, 12:15:28 AM »

the highlighted areas:

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2009, 12:22:45 AM »

statusbar (bottom) you can't remove any more -- though i will probably put back the option to remove it soon.
to remove the top *header*, uncheck the option "Hide Column Headers Completely" in Display Options tab:
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2009, 02:19:58 AM »

I don't have headers hidden, but I don't have any columns?

If you need help - JUST ASK!
Kamel
Honorary Member

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 12:51:07 PM »

I don't have headers hidden, but I don't have any columns?
 (see attachment in previous post)

That's because you have large icons selected. If you select small icon report (bottom right of mouser's screenshot), you will get a list like in my screenshot.

CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 01:25:42 AM »

Ah - got it - thanks... Thmbsup

If you need help - JUST ASK!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.043s | Server load: 0.06 ]