topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bug with tcleggdrop_mcpsfuncs.tcl not handling bind arguments correctly  (Read 7136 times)

[piLL]

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Basically I have found a bug with tcleggdrop_mcpsfuncs.tcl not handling binds correctly
Here is 2 examples to illustrate what I mean

Example 1:
bind pub -|- !test0r testing; proc testing args { putlog $args }
This will work in an encrypted channel, no problem

Example 2:
bind pub -|- !test0r {testing $_pub1; #}; proc testing args { putlog $args }
This does not work in an encrypted channel

From looking at the code in tcleggdrop_mcpsfuncs.tcl, I see that it is "staticaly" handling the bind arguments, so it *always* expects "nickname uhost handle channel text" for pub/pubm binds (for example). However, instead of doing "generic" unbinds/"re"-binds, it could do a search of [binds] to get the "real" arguments if they are there, and if no "special" arguments are specified (as shown in Example 2), it should default to "nickname uhost handle channel text" bind arguments.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
i think i see what you mean.. i am not an eggdrop or tcl expert, so it's a miracle i ever got the eggdrop bind interception to work at all (i had help). maybe someone out there can add code to deal with these unusual special argument cases?