Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 28, 2014, 07:26:01 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bug ? No "Shadow" with "GIF" & "No Flatten background Transparency"  (Read 2760 times)
gregland
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:22:49 PM »

Hello Mouser

I noticed that when "Always flatten background transparency" is unchecked and if the "Image File Format" is GIF, when i try to add a shadow and save the screenshoot, the shadow didn't appear in the saved file...

Is it normal ?  tellme

I have the last version of SC

* 21_02_2007 , 23_11_59 Screenshot Captor.png (333.63 KB, 1134x740 - viewed 208 times.)

GregLand
French WebMaster & Programmer
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:31:35 PM »

It's due to gif format not supporting gradiations of transparency, so a pixel is either 100% transparent or not - which kills the shadow effect.

The solution is to do "merge background transparency" from the object menu for any image, just remember it's a one way operation, once you merge the background transparency (shadow) it's permanent.
gregland
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

I use everytime "Always flatten background transparency"...
I will use PNG file format...  Wink

Thanks for the explication  smiley

GregLand
French WebMaster & Programmer

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.02 ]