Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 01:56:25 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: creating SQL from excel, soft at bitsdujour today. Worth it?  (Read 1655 times)
urlwolf
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 30, 2007, 08:45:17 AM »

There is an app for creating SQL from excel at bitsdujour today

http://bitsdujour.com/blog2/wordpress/?p=289

I tested it a bit. It feels a bit clunky, no keyboard shortcuts to change types etc (GUI is poor, maybe because it's just a macro?).

Is there a better alternative to create sql visually and fast from say csv?

Oh, BTW, another nice tool if you need to interact with a remote MySQL server without a shell is SQLyog.

http://www.sqlyog.com/
It has SQL syntax highlighting, command completion, you can see all the tables at once etc.
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:18:41 AM »

I bought it, but not for myself. I have some friends that have the data I need to get into MySQL. They can use Excel but not MySQL. So I will loan them my laptop and have them create the stuff in Excel, and then I will get into MySQL.

As for visual tools, I suggest two.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.07 ]