Microsoft Visual Studio Code Name "Orcas" is the next generation development tool for Windows Vista, the 2007 Office System, and the Web.
Visual Studio code name “Orcas” delivers on Microsoft’s vision of smart client applications by enabling developers to rapidly create connected applications that deliver the highest quality rich user experiences. This new version enables any size organization to rapidly create more secure, manageable, and more reliable applications that take advantage of Windows Vista and the 2007 Office System. By building these new types of applications, organizations will find it easier than ever before to capture and analyze information so that they can make effective business decisions.
This download is the January 2007 Community Technology Preview of Microsoft Visual Studio Code-Named “Orcas”. This CTP is available in English only.
The highlights of this CTP include:
* Extended, more powerful data APIs with the ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to ADO.NET
* C# 3.0 Language Support
* VB 9.0 Language Support
* LINQ to Objects API
* ClickOnce improvements
* Managed classes for Elliptic Curve Diffie Hellman and Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm cryptographic functionality
* Runtime and design-time support for Office 2007 (including Outlook 2007)
* Support for advanced lifetime management of add-ins and their AppDomains
* Client service support for Login/Logout, Role management and Profiles
* A trace listener that logs event to ETW, event tracing for Windows in Vista
* Jscript Intellisense support
* A new numeric type that provides support for very large numbers (Beyond the range of In64)
* LINQ over XML (XLinq)
* SQL Server Compact Edition (SSCE)
Microsoft Visual Studio Codename "Orcas" - Jan 2007 CTP Pre-release