Before we all go and shell out some hard earned dollars.
I do suggest you download a trial version of 'PaperValet'http://www.chocksett...re.com/downloads.asp
even though it appears to be abandoned. it has served us well for two years now.
Most of the request asked here it already meets.
So for $25standard, $45Pro you can get a product that will give you a great start.
From the screenshots below.
- Single scan
- Scan multiple pages to a single PDF. (using either Append, or Add to Batch)
- Documents are kept in a Tree Folder Structure (easy to backup, copy to CD, etc)
- File Name can have different fields auto appended/prepended. (we have the date auto prepended to all scans)
- OCR via Microsoft Office or Scansoft (but we dont use)
- Customize Fields in Pro version (we do use this)
- Has a inbuilt PDF/Tiff viewer that navigates via a folder layout. This alone is brilliant.
For searching , I prefer to use Copernic Desktop,
any questions regarding what Papervalet can do, just ask.
If you want a printer, the Brother MFC with the lovely feeder mentioned above isn't a great choice, but even after searching Google for a long time I found no alternative device with a feeder at such a low price!
It looks like Brother has no competition in this price segment.
Yep, the brother is a dog for printing, we use the office laser for print, and only use the brother for scanning, some photocopying, the occasional fax or print.