topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Giveawayoftheday - Flashspring Pro for US$149 - wait it's free today - Grab it  (Read 5147 times)

patteo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Despite my reservations of the install by today deal, this is a must download for those who would like to try their hand at converting powerpoint to flash.

It's a good opportunity. At least it's free for today instead of US$149.

Hopefully there will be a software utility available to move your license to a new computer easily in future.

http://www.giveawayo...com/flashspring-pro/

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Excellent find - i've not tried this particular program, but a powerpoint -> flash tool can be extremely useful!

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hopefully there will be a software utility available to move your license to a new computer easily in future.

You have to consider these giveaways as an extended trial. The trial will last as long as the current installation of your OS on your current machine.

If you love the programs so much that you wouldn't want to lose them should something happen to Windows, or your pc, then consider buying them.

That is the whole purpose of this giveaway, and that is why they can get developers to agree to giving away their applications for 1 day only.

I think moving the license to another pc or anything that would allow you to reinstall it, wouldn't exactly be legal and would violate the terms of the agreement with Giveaway of the Day and the developers of the applications offered on their site.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
http://www.giveawayo...com/flashspring-pro/

quote from the link:
14. Don’t see the point in this software.
OpenOffice is free, it does open PowerPoint presentations, and it does export them to Flash - all that for free, and open-source.
---

Well, I see the point in this software - but then again, I'm not an OpenOffice fan...
FlashSpring had problems with PowerPoint 2007 Beta, but will work with PowerPoint 2007.

Very nice find, patteo!  :up:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:42 AM by Curt »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I happen to have the latest build of Star Office 8 (based on OpenOffice.org) installed on my notebook so created a Flash file from a 72 slide Powerpoint presentation using both Flashspring and Impress. The Flashspring version is half the size of the StarOffice one, was created much more quickly, appears to be of the same quality, AND seems more feature rich (you are given play, forward and reverse buttons in the presentation that are lacking in the OpenOffice file. Finally, StarOffice loaded my cpu and rendered my computer unusable for several stretches of  more than a minute while the file was being generated, with Flashspring I was able to keep using my computer with no discernible "hit" to performance. One thing related to this: I had to try to export the file three times from StarOffice and I could not select a filename because keyboard input took FOREVER. I typed the name of the file into the dialogue and then waited over 30 seconds for the first letter to appear, three minutes later the complete filename still hadn't finished rendering. So, the Star/OpenOffice implementation is free but far from user friendly. There are still several hours to snag a free copy and I say go for it!

Thanks Patteo - I missed this one today. I have giveawayoftheday set up as part of a group in Maxthon but went to bed early last night and forgot to check this morning. This is SWEET!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 06:32 PM by Darwin »