Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 02:03:15 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Best Freeware FTP client?  (Read 11290 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 02:47:53 AM »

AlFTP looks pretty good.  I don't have much hands on experience with it, yet--but it seems like a solid option.  If only that over-sized toolbar could be hidden (my complaint with all altools, really)
drop a line to Renegade, see if he can do something about that.. smiley

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 10:18:55 AM »

I used to use AlFTP too when it was first released. Nice app but at the time I had a few problems (they are probably fixed now).

Before that I used the paid verision of Ipswitch WinFTP which is very good but I got fed up with the expensive updates (AKA bug fixes).

Now I used Directory Opus to save having another tool handy.

Actually I like the idea of WinSCP if it has puTTY incorporated - I might give it a looksee.

lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 11:33:41 PM »

Now I used Directory Opus to save having another tool handy.
same here.. your mention of DOpus reminded me that i too frequently use Altap Salamander's built-in ftp client rather than launching a separate app.. smiley

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 09:47:10 AM »

You can also use WinSCP as a plugin for Salamander. Having tried WinSCP I really like it - plus I love that you can launch a puTTY session with a single click and not have to re-enter passwords etc.

masu

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007, 08:56:26 AM »

In earlier times I prefer SmartFTP. But since you need to update SmartFTP every now and then, otherwise you can't start it anymore, I switch over to Filezilla, which is also really good !!  Thmbsup

Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.21 ]