Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 24, 2014, 02:13:23 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Keyboard special keys trigger Screenshot Captor  (Read 4264 times)
katykaty
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:38:05 AM »

Found an odd 'bug' - at least I think it's a bug  undecided

Just installed SsC on a PC with a Microsoft Digital Media keyboard, which has some extra programmable hotkeys, and uses Intellitype Pro 5.5 (the latest version) to control them.

Whenever I press one of the hotkeys, SsC clicks and captures the screen.  huh

The hotkey still works though.

I'm not sure if it's an 'Entire Workspace' or 'Current Screen' capture as I only have 1 monitor. I don't think it's a hotkey thing - changing the hotkeys for either has no effect, and if I close SsC and run SnagIt with identical hotkeys SnagIt doesn't try to capture anything.

Only a minor irritation - but an irritation nonetheless  smiley

Any thoughts?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:10:37 PM »

i think this came up before and i was supposed to fix it but forgot.. i'll look into it asap and hope to have a fix early this week.
katykaty
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 06:25:54 AM »

Cool - thanks for that Mouser  smiley

Where else could you get an update that fast?  Thmbsup
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 12:29:21 AM »

having a little trouble tracking this down - may have to buy a ms digital media keyboard just to fix it.

however maybe you can help me by testing the 2 exes in here:
http://www.donationcoder.com/Beta/TestHotKeys.zip

to test,
just go to the top left hotkey box and do something like ctrl+alt+b, and then click add.
then you should see it in the list at the right.
then press the hotkey combo you added to trigger a message.

the question is, after you add the hotkey, does it pop up when you hit the keyboard multimedia keys?
Wordzilla
Forum Search Daemon
Charter Member

Two there should be; no more, no less.

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 10:38:36 PM »

the question is, after you add the hotkey, does it pop up when you hit the keyboard multimedia keys?

mouser, i tried both exes on my MS ergonomic 4000 keyboard with MS Intellipro 5.5 installed, and they did not pop up anything when I hit multimedia keys.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »

new version of screenshot captor should fix the problem, though i hope i havent introduced others with the change in hotkey handling!  tellme
katykaty
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 01:56:39 PM »

Just downloaded v2.28.02 - haven't really had a chance to play with it yet but at first sight it seems to have fixed the MS Keyboard hotkey issue.  Thmbsup

I can't believe you actually offered to buy an MS keyboard to try to fix this: either you're a kitty angel  Kiss or a bit obsessive  Wink

Either way, I'll be reaching for paypal again  cheesy

Big thank you Mouser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.08 ]