topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: What's Your Favorite Gadget? Here's mine with a Discount - A Seltzer Maker  (Read 44219 times)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Josh already found an online service for this- good for those of us who have only a few DVD's and don't buy ziplocks already... https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=4917.0

Seriously, my favorite gadget does not exist yet, but I keep hoping!!
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1763.0

and I bet you can find more cool gadgets at I Want One Of Those.

Ooohh... Hey....
http://www.iwantoneo...-drum-kit/index.html
mindru_lg.jpg
There's nothing worse than being around someone who incessantly taps on their desk as if somehow this makes them the next Keith Moon, and really how much of a tune can be bashed out on a plastic or wooden desk? The Mini Drum Kit is here to save us (and quite possibly infuriate others).

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Mizraim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
w00t! IT COMES IN RED!!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :-*

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
My favorite Gadget that I don't own is a watch:

Pimpin' Ain't Easy SS by Pimp

I'm not fond of the brand/model name, but the watch itself is cool. It's cool because nobody knows how to tell time on it without studying it for a few minutes. So people could come up to me and ask what time it is and I'll just show them my watch and they'll be like "What the heck does that say?" and I'll be like "Hey baby, want to go to lunch sometime?" "Oh, that, it says 4:32pm."

Pimp Watch Time.jpgWhat's Your Favorite Gadget? Here's mine with a Discount - A Seltzer Maker
This one says 5:35 (click for larger image)

It's actually quite easy to tell the time with it, once you've figured it out, but I can only imagine what kind of a conversation starter it would be. There are also models with Gold watch/Red LEDs and Black watch/White LEDs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 08:58 PM by Deozaan »

Mizraim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ahh I had forgotten about that. Yes I really want one of those. I also like the shirt that says "There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I also like the shirt that says "There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

That only works written down. Don't try to tell someone that joke. They see the word "Ten" not the number "10" or at least I do. :-)

f0dder

• Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
There are 2 types of people in the world... those who ruin jokes, and those who don't ^_^
- carpe noctem

Mizraim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 ;D Good one! :Thmbsup: ;D

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
So zridling, that ladder actually surpasses the infomercial? Because of course I've seen that, and thought to myself "It can't be that cool". If it's actually *more* cool than that, maybe I have to have one. :D

- Oshyan

Mizraim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There are 2 types of people in the world... those who ruin jokes, and those who don't ^_^
But on the other hand... there's different fingers.  :P

OldElmerFudd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Bite-sized trouble
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
lol!
Thank you Mouser and everyone for a terrific thread!

a) I used to make egg creams with seltzer and a real seltzer bottle I found at a garage sale.

2) y'know, there's No egg and No cream in an egg cream?

Bite-sized trouble doesn't like to watch me clean my ears. She says I shouldn't have that look on my face unless she's involved!

I have that ladder!!

I've never had any luck rewinding a DVD; spinning it on a pencil never works. (only for VideoCD's--you can rewind those any way you like.)

;D :D :D :Thmbsup: :D

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code is a violent psychopath and knows where you live.

caitsith2

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
True that the sodaclubusa code RAD30 is expired,  here are a few useful codes, that as far as I can tell, do not have a determined expiry date, all of which I have used in the past.  (I use KSE10 most frequently.)

KSE10 (Kids for Saving Earth 10% discount) - Takes 10% off the entire order - Often times cheaper than the seasonal "discounts" they run, for ordering the kits.  (That is not the case with the sodaclub penguin, its seasonal "discount" code is cheaper there). Also handy in the case of reordering supplies.  In the case of reordering at least $55.56, this discount will cancel out the $4.99 shipping charge for "reorders above $50".

FREEMIX - Allows you to add 1 soda mix to your order free of charge.

CHEAPGAS - Allows you to order spare carbonators at refill carbonator pricing.

----

I do indeed like this machine for making my own pop.  Also, Compared to store bought diet soda, I actually prefer the soda club diet soda, taste wise.

Also,  they do indeed ship this to some parts of Canada.  (BC for sure, as I live in that part.)  They however do not ship to alaska or Hawaii.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
welcome to the site caitsith2.
yep i use mine every day with juice conentrate.  i buy about 6 cans of different flavored juice concentrate from the supermarket and make my own custom "sodas" with cranberry+grape+apple etc.

if you have kids, here is the cheap and healthy alternative to buying soda - and you can challenge them to invent their own flavors :)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NECRO-THREAD REVIVAL!

The last post in this thread was from 2006!

My favorite Gadget that I don't own is a watch:

Pimpin' Ain't Easy SS by Pimp

I'm not fond of the brand/model name, but the watch itself is cool. It's cool because nobody knows how to tell time on it without studying it for a few minutes. So people could come up to me and ask what time it is and I'll just show them my watch and they'll be like "What the heck does that say?" and I'll be like "Hey baby, want to go to lunch sometime?" "Oh, that, it says 4:32pm."

(see attachment in previous post)
This one says 5:35 (click for larger image)

It's actually quite easy to tell the time with it, once you've figured it out, but I can only imagine what kind of a conversation starter it would be. There are also models with Gold watch/Red LEDs and Black watch/White LEDs.

I just found a clone of this $200+ watch that I've wanted since I found out about it over 10 years ago. Now it costs $10 on ThinkGeek:

http://www.thinkgeek...adgets/watches/e750/

e750_led_watch.jpg

The time in this photo is 1:39.