I got on my own machine a slight problem. I can not do such things anymore.
To clarify: (i just copy pasted text in here since my english aint that good)
The desktop.ini file is a hidden file used to store information about the arrangement of a Windows folder. Essentially, if the layout or settings for a folder are changed, a desktop.ini file is automatically generated to save those changes.
So please try again and do it like i describe:
1. create any empty folder
2. throw in a few files
3. set up folder arrrangements like you want it and close folder (i dont know at wich point windows save that file, so close is for me = saved)
4. re-open folder to check if still all meets your arrangement, if so, continue next step if not i give up
5. (i hope you can do) add "Read-Only" attribute to Desktop.ini
6. close and open folder to check if still all is fine
7. rearrange Placements
8. press "F5" key, what happen? (theory: windows refresh and load your read-only layout)
9. close and open folder to check if still all is fine
10. if all steps succeed you now know what to do, backup that desktop.ini file anywhere and restore anytime
....do not forget to remove read-only attribute
I best hope that it work.
BTW if you have trouble setting attributes, here a small how-to
type CMD +enter
type CD X:\This is\My Personal\Folder for\DonationCoderApps <<-- replace name with yours
type ATTRIB +R -S -H Desktop.ini
now that file is read-only
later to have original attributes back
ATTRIB -R +S +H Desktop.ini
type EXIT +enter