Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • December 17, 2017, 03:43 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ludum Dare 2017 Thread  (Read 260 times)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ludum Dare 2017 Thread
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:45 PM »
I've certainly been away from the boards for a while! And I'm in an off year for my Ludum Dare interests, instead focusing on chess all this year.

But here's a topic just to keep it all alive. This is a one-quarter energy post kicked off by acouple of comments and a Linus Torvalds style "ream men use the DC Gamer Board as a backup"!

Ludum Dare and themes:

It's a running inside joke, that because each "episode" of Ludum Dare game making competition has a loose theme, sometimes some "bad" themes show up... 75% of the time! So everyone whines for an hour about the bad theme then gets down to work.

but I think we had a pretty good one for April's entry of "Small World", especially for my gaming style.

I retired from serious gaming right about the advent of 3d and multi-player. But "small world" seems to have a narrow enough mood to it that my "snap" strategy forming style can sometimes lock on.

I haven't yet made a serious dent in the April set. And I think they just finished the August event and I have NO idea what that one even was!

But a fun entry from April is so relaxing, because it's on a queue-idle system, and no lose condition.

https://ldjam.com/ev...re/38/war-in-the-sky

So you can just set up your dirigibles to move your supplies, and it's actually so soothing for me it has potential as a sort of meditation!

Maybe ion a medium short while I'll do a full posit on it with pics and things.