topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 26, 2024, 2:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Win.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.  (Read 4890 times)

CoffeeAddict

• Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Coffee Addict
    • Donate to Member
Win.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Hello,

today I am going to present to you my first ever program made. It is a program that will help you resolve some Windows 10 privacy issues. And as the title suggests, its name is Win.Privacy. Here's a list of what Win.Privacy can do for you:

• Block domains that are "spying" you
  • Delete "DiagTrack" and “dmwappush” services
  • Disable Windows Update service
  • Disable location
  • Disable hibernate
  • Set diagnostic and usage data to "basic"
  • Disable Cortana(no one likes you Cort  >:()

Win.Privacy can also disable the following services:

• Xbox Live Game service
  • Xbox Live Networking service
  • Xbox Live Auth Manager services
  • Windows Error Reporting service
  • Bluetooth Support service
  • Sensor service
  • Sensor Monitoring service
  • Remode Desktops services
  • Remote Registry service
  • DataCollectionPublishingService service

Additionally, Win.Privacy can also remove almost all Windows 10 pre-installed programs(metro apps).
It also includes some (useless in my opinion tools and out of topic, but I don't know, it was fun creating them  :-[) tools like: text encryption, e-mail client, website blocker, task manager and system information.
Below you can find some screenshots of the program.

pic1.PNGWin.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.  pic2.PNGWin.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.  pic3.PNGWin.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.  pic4.PNGWin.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.  pic5.PNGWin.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.  pic6.PNGWin.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.

So yeah, that's the first program I created. I know it's not something special but I'm proud of it anyways  8)

Win.Privacy - Information
- Website
- Direct download
- Virustotal report

I'm open to any kind of criticism.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:59 AM by CoffeeAddict »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Win.Privacy - A Windows 10 Privacy Tool.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 04:06 AM »
Congratulations on your fine homepage and application, CoffeeAddict (coffee is not good for your thinking; you think faster but more hectic!)  :up:

What will "Disable Windows Update service" do to my security?

Have you tested your program against any "competitors" like Blackbird or Win10PrivacyFix or DoNotSpy10 or similar, and have a say about the differences? Or did you maybe concentrate on your own creation only?

--
https://www.google.com/search?q=fix+Win10+Privacy+issues
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:48 AM by Curt »

CoffeeAddict

• Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Coffee Addict
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:04 AM »
Hello Curt!

I'm glad that you like the homepage and the application! (you're right about including coffee in the name but at the time, I thought it was cool 8))
I haven't tested/compared Win.Privacy with any similar program, since everything included in Win.Privacy are tested by me and are all the things I thought that can be removed(and should be) without breaking the operating system. Plus, I've heard many people saying that blackbird keeps breaking stuff in the operating system! There are many other good alternatives to blackbird. Like W10Privacy.

I really appreciate your comments on Win.Privacy!

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:17 AM »
The only one I have heard criticizing Blackbird latest version, was me! It was an embarrassing situation: When I installed Blackbird, I was not aware that Windows was updating as well. When I restarted Windows, my Agnitum security system was malfunctioning because of the "new" Windows. I didn't understand this, but shouted Wolf! When Agnitum had updated, my computer was running well with Blackbird.

Almost every one heard the accusation, almost no one heard the acquittal.

I welcome you here at DC, Antony, and wish you the best of luck with sites and study.   and caffeine detoxification...

CoffeeAddict

• Joined in 2017
    • View Profile
    • Coffee Addict
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Well, in that case no, it's not Blackbird's fault  :D!
It's my honor to be part of this friendly community! (caffeine addiction? no..no. Just a power supply since I rarely sleep  :'()